• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Le Hockey

TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
Ouch...Blues getting their asses paddled.

I do so despise Boston....

Last edited:

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
Those Bruins are so much more than a growl.
'Got to like the way they play. 7-2 is not just a normal night!

The two goals for the Blues came from off Bruins players. That just doesn't seem fair to Tuukkaa. ;-)
And 4 for 4 (444) on the power play. What does that make it now, 6 of 14 PP goals in the playoffs?

I almost feel sad for Binnington. I would have liked to see the rookie play through the series with all the talent he has
Only two more games to capture Lord Stanley's cup.
GO Bruins!

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Same thing happened to Carolina. The Blues had enough opportunities and good looks but Rask shut them down with help from the iron. Desperation lead to failed stretch pass attempts that were turnovers in bad places.. Is Tuca Duncan's brother?

walrus-post-jpg.69641

James

Out There
Instructor
Hopefully Rask will trip on a frozen salmon and miss the rest of the series.

TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
I sure hope the Blues can come up with something for their fans tonight.
Heading back to Boston for the slaughter would then be a bit more honorable.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
I would take some solace if the Bruins whipped the Blues in 5..Leafs having dragged them out to 7 in their round... Makes the shit sandwich somewhat more palatable!!! :D

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
News here is reporting that Chara is out. Broken jaw from that puck.

Hearing the line up the other night, 5/6 Blues in the starting line up were Canadians.....But tonight will tell who came to play!!

James

Out There
Instructor
Apparently that clear full face shield Chara had on the other night was to prevent an errant puck or stick from hitting his jaw. I suppose he can't talk much.
Blues need to score early and keep tbe pressure on.
It's amaziing in these games how some of the goal opportunities are fractions of a second then the opening is gone.

Last edited:

S.H.

USSA Coach
Skier
I guess playing with a broken jaw isn't that unusual. But, he's already been a little slow in reaction. I can't see this making him better, but maybe.
If Bergy could play with a broken rib, separated shoulder, and punctured/collapsed lung in 2013, Chara can play with a broken jaw.

The real question is ... does Boston go with 7D (assuming Chara and/or Gryz are cleared)? No more Backes?

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
The dummies on sports radio have been wrangling with whether to play Chara ad nauseum. Just dumb talk to get ratings, of course they'll play him.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
I guess playing with a broken jaw isn't that unusual. But, he's already been a little slow in reaction. I can't see this making him better, but maybe.
Not in hockey..
I remember Rick Tocchet getting hit in the face, sitting on the bench with broken chiclets, mouth bleeding, jaw crooked..they got him a cage and didn't miss a shift..

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Ali went 15 rounds against Ken Norton after getting his jaw broken in like the 3rd or 4th round.

James

Out There
Instructor
Well it wasn't the prettiest of games.
Blues could clinch at home!

Nancy Hummel

Ski more, talk less.
Instructor
SkiTalk Supporter
I am from St. Louis and would love to see the Blues win at home. What an amazing season.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January