• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Le Hockey

James

Out There
Instructor
2-1 Bos going into the third. Sloppy clearing and silly penalties by the Canes.

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
Anyone think the Canes will have something for the B's tonight??? :popcorn:

The Canes put up one. That's something, isn't it?
But, 2 at the final whistle beats 1 every time.

Tuukka showed up from the opening whistle. Whew! ;-)

Fun game, lots of "a good kind of nasty". The announcers might just as well come out with their bias. Not a good word until it was all in the books.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Fun game to watch last night. Sharks win. Bad call, good call. Video replay is really hard to tell, at the call isn't allowed to be overturned anyways.

Dwight

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
The video replay scrutiny is killing the officials and the game..
Agree.

Lots of people think the "hand pass" is obvious on video, but I haven't seen real good footage that it was. Plus there is some evidence that the puck hit a Blues player right after the "hand pass". Angles on video are very hard to pick up. Our brain wants to infer that it was a hand pass, but I'm not sure it was.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Agree.

Lots of people think the "hand pass" is obvious on video, but I haven't seen real good footage that it was. Plus there is some evidence that the puck hit a Blues player right after the "hand pass". Angles on video are very hard to pick up. Our brain wants to infer that it was a hand pass, but I'm not sure it was.
And the poor guys having to make that call in real-time... It's a fast game. I reffed kids, low level adults and it's not that easy. I think on the whole the NHL has great officials. And the crap getting written about them.."this just shows how totally incompetent the refs are in the NHL..." Man, ever seen the strike zone in baseball?!?! Sheesh..

Dwight

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I actually think high level Squirts is one of the hardest to ref. Can't check but at high level it is very close. Reffed for while, was fun.

TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
The Canes need to pull a game out from somewhere tonight. Getting swept in your own barn is just the worst possible feeling. Come on guys, just one win.
You can start golfing on Sunday :)

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
The Canes need to pull a game out from somewhere tonight. Getting swept in your own barn is just the worst possible feeling. Come on guys, just one win.
You can start golfing on Sunday :)
It will be interesting to see if Boston rests Rask and a few others basically just preparing to close things out at home if they don't win tonight while resting some key folks.

Eric267

Gettin after it
Skier
The video replay scrutiny is killing the officials and the game..
Agreed. It's really difficult for the refs to see what's going on all the time especially in the scrambles around the net. My biggest issue is what is decidedly reviewable and what's not. You can review a goal based on how the puck enters the zone long after that sequence. You can review from every angle if a puck was tipped in with a high stick or kicked in. I guess you can argue that it goes both ways (i.e. there should have been a delay of game penalty against STL earlier in the game) but I for sure thought that would be a reviewable play and that goal was coming off the board. We've gotten so use to reviews over the past few years that people get too irate that the refs miss a call

I'm happy the Sharks won but that was a garbage play for sure.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I agree that the refs do an amazing job making calls in real time. Bottom line is if we're going to allow them to review scoring plays, including offsides five passes before the goal, they should also be allowed to review the chaos in front of the net 10 seconds before a goal.

TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
Really...???
This is all they've got? It's gonna make for a real L O N G off season.
Third period biscuit blasting? :popcorn::huh::doh:

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
They pay you to exercise..can't lose! :)

They also pay you to have grandpas yelling at you and calling you names. Over 10 years coaching kids soccer and the only adults I ever saw kicked out of the complex were grandparents.

Sponsor

Staff online