• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Le Bent base layers, socks

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
I've been given a base layer top, bottom, a few pairs of socks, and a balaclava from the Australian company, Le Bent. Interesting stuff using a merino wool and bamboo fibre knit. No, this isn't advertising, and nor am I a shill or on their payroll, but if anyone is using their product, please let us know what you think and I'll do the same. I see it more as product testing and information. What I've found out of the box...

The tops seem to run a bit large, and the bottoms quite long, and volumes elastic and appropriately snug. The neck opening of the top seems a bit larger than I'm used to, and yes, the fabric feels exceptionally soft as advertised. The socks extend just below the knee making them about the longest in my ski sock drawer. What I'm interested in is general durability, particularly of the heel of the socks. So far, the top and bottoms feel like something between a light synthetic layer and a smartwool base layer product. It will be interesting to see if Le Bent transports moisture as well as the former with the warmth of the latter. So far, the balaclava which worked very nicely on a 42f road bike ride a couple days ago. Very light weight, initially 'cool', and eventually spot on warm with good moisture transport and evaporation. Everything has been through one or two wash cycles at this point.

Phil, if you feel this is inappropriate or verging on free advertising, please feel free to take this post down.

Info: http://www.lebent.com

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I've been given a base layer top, bottom, a few pairs of socks, and a balaclava from the Australian company, Le Bent. Interesting stuff using a merino wool and bamboo fibre knit. No, this isn't advertising, and nor am I a shill or on their payroll, but if anyone is using their product, please let us know what you think and I'll do the same. I see it more as product testing and information. What I've found out of the box...

The tops seem to run a bit large, and the bottoms quite long, and volumes elastic and appropriately snug. The neck opening of the top seems a bit larger than I'm used to, and yes, the fabric feels exceptionally soft as advertised. The socks extend just below the knee making them about the longest in my ski sock drawer. What I'm interested in is general durability, particularly of the heel of the socks. So far, the top and bottoms feel like something between a light synthetic layer and a smartwool base layer product. It will be interesting to see if Le Bent transports moisture as well as the former with the warmth of the latter. So far, the balaclava which worked very nicely on a 42f road bike ride a couple days ago. Very light weight, initially 'cool', and eventually spot on warm with good moisture transport and evaporation. Everything has been through one or two wash cycles at this point.

Phil, if you feel this is inappropriate or verging on free advertising, please feel free to take this post down.

Info: http://www.lebent.com
I'm looking forward to hearing more about how this product works for you and some long term testing of it.
:popcorn:

Sponsor