• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

x10003q

Out on the slopes
Skier
Read these two, as well. Same news as ^^^^. This has now become almost unbelievable.

http://www.newscentermaine.com/mobi...isa-program-according-to-lawsuit/97-530758736

https://www.scribd.com/document/374557415/Saddleback-Plans#fullscreen&from_embed

The first concerns a lawsuit. Asian investor accusing Majella of defrauding him, and collecting a $5Million fee to obtain an Australian Visa, under the SIV program. Guess what.....money now all spent. Looks like some of it may have gone towards the Saddleback deposit. linking the dots.

The second one is presentation of the most grandiose, pie in the sky, literally INSANE set of plans for Saddleback. I presume that this was perhaps going to used to convince foreign investors to go in as EB-5 investors, or otherwise. Nobody in North America could be fooled that badly, IMO. No chance on earth of this ever happening.

I can't believe that this seems to be getting even worse. So sad.
That's quite a scam - I mean plan..........

James

Out There
Instructor
Goodness. Quiros down under.
I remember the presentation of "world class" or "best in North America". Last year. Just insane. As if Saddleback would become Aspen or Jackson Hole.
It's just astounding that no one has a clue. Hell anyone here could have told them this is beyond pie in the sky. It's not like one needs $100k of research.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Goodness. Quiros down under.
I remember the presentation of "world class" or "best in North America". Last year. Just insane. As if Saddleback would become Aspen or Jackson Hole.
It's just astounding that no one has a clue. Hell anyone here could have told them this is beyond pie in the sky. It's not like one needs $100k of research.

The whole thing has been a sad turn of events. When I look at it, critically, I think that owners have had very poor advice...for years. Largely from one guy, who clearly was in over his head.
Anybody here could do enough due dilligence to see Majella for what it is, with about 15 minutes on Google. See the pic of the impressive World HQ that I posted above.
The fact that anybody could suggest accepting an offer from these guys blows me away. Just incredibly naive, IMO.

It's also a really tough business venture. Always has been.

James

Out There
Instructor
I just listened to that newscenter Maine clip. They state straight out that the eb5 program is what matters, getting Saddleback, not getting Saddleback open. "We're not going to lose sleep over it." (getting the mt open)

x10003q

Out on the slopes
Skier
Getting more crazy -
" Majella CEO Sebastian Monsour was planning to set up "private entertainment spaces" from Australia to the United States with special arrangements "so we don’t have to get the bloody brothel licence," the Courier Mail reports."

Who knew you could get a Brothel License in Maine?:roflmao:

"The Courier Mail also reports that La Trobe Financial won a $659,184.84 default judgment against Majella in March and that an entity named Hays successfully sued over an outstanding $34,569.15 invoice in February. Queensland Business Monthly reports that multiple individuals have not been paid wages from Majella."

A well vetted buyer.

http://www.newenglandskiindustry.com/viewstory.php?storyid=680

TS
Tony S

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
OMG, this is just stupid. Time to start over.

Muleski

Inactive
OMG, this is just stupid. Time to start over.

Yep. Exactly. Just amazing that the Berry family {the sellers} let this drag on. MANY people questioning the quality of the advice that they have been given. The advisor gets incredibly defensive....even posting on forums and Facebook. He's been way over his head on this one.

Very sad. This could be NELSAP's biggest. At least, for now, the skinning and skiing can be great. Seems odd to be there....like a ghost town, though.

I no longer know what to think.

Muleski

Inactive
Sort of old news. Not happening. No chance of the state of feds helping with this one. The price is SO low, that it raises very serious questions as to if it can be viable under any circumstances. And building like crazy as a “plan” is nuts. If it’s private money, and somebody wants to risk it....go for it!
The whole situation is very, very sad.

TS
Tony S

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
This is just another nail in the coffin of my life-long eastern ski career. Only a matter of time before I move someplace with a friendlier winter climate, from which I can travel feet UP (not miles north) to ski.

TS
Tony S

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Let's hope this re-sets the whole thing immediately so they can start over.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
This story couldn't be made up... I hope somebody steps forward who wants it.

TS
Tony S

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Meanwhile the crickets from all parties are absolutely deafening.

Sponsor

Staff online