• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado Late Season Ski Rentals for A-Basin?

djaxnl

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
What's the best place to rent skis for A-Basin in May?

I'm tagging along on the wife's conference trip to Denver mid-May and we're going out early to hit A-Basin. I'm working through the Mother's Day at A-Basin threads, but we're not taking skis and I've got analysis paralysis on where to rent from. We're staying in Frisco so the options seem like a shop in town, at A-Basin, or one of the ski butler services. Looks like Christy is done with rentals in April, so at least that's one less option.

mikel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
That's a potential problem with May. Rentals. Christy is not the only place done in April. I'm not even sure what A Basin has available for rental in May. You could check with them. Possibly Virgin Island is still open in May? You should call them. Could be a challenge for rentals

DebbieSue

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I had an adventure exactly like yours May 2022. Conference in Denver first week in May, but free on the Tues so I rented a car and drove up to A basin for the Beach Party/Mothers day gathering. I traveled w my own boots/helmet etc, but no skis, and optedto do a demo day with the concession right at the base. Easy, peasy! They do regular and performance rentals as well as demos, and even have ski clothes you can rent. The dudes were informative and friendly and the gear was in good shape. On mountain is sometimes pricier than “in town,” but their prices weren’t crazy. And it was very convenient to the parking lot and lifts.

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
You should check now to see if Breeze ski rental in Idaho Springs will be open that late in season. It's really convenient.

TS
D

djaxnl

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Looks like Breeze is done after the first week of April.

It's looking like most places just don't have an end date set on their rental calendars. I had only looked out to May on a few shops' sites originally, but I could pick a day in August if I wanted to. Seems like I'm just going to have to start calling places.

Last edited:

Sponsor