• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Large man in need of advice.

Alexzn

Ski Squaw
Skier
The holy trinity of non-premium all-mountain skis right now is the Bonafide, Enforcer 100, and M5. Cannot go wrong with the Enforcer and/or Bonafide, M5 has caught us to those two skis quite a bit.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Hi Everyone,

I am in the market for some new skis for next season. First, a little background. I am 39 years old, 6'3 285 Lbs. I lived in Tahoe for 5 years and now Aspen for 4 years. I ski 20 - 50 days per year. I like to ski off piste when its good, but I ski all over the mountain. I like to charge pretty hard, but I am starting to slow down as I get older. Most equipment isn't designed for someone my size skiing the way that I do. My current quiver is as follows: Blizzard Brahma, (187, 2016 model) Bonafide, (187, 2014 model) Bodacious (196, 2013 model. Too big and heavy. Almost never take them out) Rossignol Super 7 (Free demos from work every year. Too soft for 90% of the time)

I am looking for something to replace my tried and true Bonafides. I love them and plan on keeping them, but they are pretty beat up. My gut is telling me to just get another pair, but I wanted to see if anyone else has any suggestions. I am toying with the idea of the Black Crows Corvus or maybe a set of Mantras.Not sure if the Corvus will be worth the cost. Almost twice as much. Does anyone have any suggestions, or should I just stick with Blizzard? Thanks.

Get another pair of 187cm Bones. They are still great. There is no substitute. I demo them every year here in Colorado and they put a smile on my face every time.

I demoed the Corvus, its a really good ski but not worth the cost for you. At your size the Bones might be better.

The Bodacious is a beast. The Rustler 11 192cm should be perfect for you. I demoed them last season and they were a standout for me.

That said there are PLENTY of great skis in that width range.

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
I am looking for something to replace my tried and true Bonafides. I love them and plan on keeping them, but they are pretty beat up. My gut is telling me to just get another pair, but I wanted to see if anyone else has any suggestions. I am toying with the idea of the Black Crows Corvus or maybe a set of Mantras.Not sure if the Corvus will be worth the cost. Almost twice as much. Does anyone have any suggestions, or should I just stick with Blizzard? Thanks.
My tech said years ago you are either a Bones Guy or a Mantra Guy. I am on my fifth pair of Mantras. If you are a Bones Guy just go replace your ski.

Pasted on skiing lots of twice the cost skis in my quiver this past season in favor of the M5 for 80 days so far this season. Ski on what you love the most.

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The holy trinity of non-premium all-mountain skis right now is the Bonafide, Enforcer 100, and M5. Cannot go wrong with the Enforcer and/or Bonafide, M5 has caught us to those two skis quite a bit.
I would replace the M5 on that list with the upcoming Mantra 102.

Sponsor

Staff online