• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Lange Shadow 130 MV

altabrig

Drifting like a long radius with some tail rocker.
Skier
I tried both the MV and LV and the MV was the keeper on my wide feet that got on well with a 102 wide Super Blaster and was good tight fit in a RX 130 MV. The LV was just a bit too much of a forefoot and instep pinch. Tried a 26.5 for a performance fit with work but the toe area was a crusher.

I wore the MV Shadows several hours around the house and now have 4 consecutive groomer only days on Fischer 70mm underfoot skis. I am 6'1" 200lbs. I am skiing the thinnest socks and not using the spoilers. I dropped in my footbeds and changed the soles plates to DIN 5355 from GW.

At 12 degrees my forward lean is a couple degrees less than I am used to. Andy Mink noted the same in his LV review 12 and 16 (spoiler), and the noticeable effect on putting pressure through the boot tongue.

What is notable for me is the ability to drive the skis through a turn with less effort on the front of the boots. I have been skiing harder old scraped off groomers and the effort to initiate the turn at the tips and drive through the turn seems to be less than in my prior Langes. I am not drinking the cool aide, but four days zooming groom and trying to get in a decent carve or two has been a pleasure in the boots.

I buckle the bottom cuff buckle semi tight and crank the strap, the top cuff buckle and forefoot buckles are just on for now. The thinner auxetic liner takes getting used to when compared to the RX. They do allow the foot to spread out easily. I like using toes to grip and pressure and have a blocky forefoot. I have needed 6th toe grinds in the past. I wont need to punch or grind these Shadows. They are roomy and seem to be a bit big on the lift when I can wiggle my toes. Different story on the run with great heel retention and zero side to side slop. A lot of the information here is just me talking about fit, so it is not very valuable, but the performance aspect of the boots is the interesting and possibly useful part of the review.

With the harder stock blade and pivot point inserts the boots do not feel extra stiff and are easily accessible. The are very precise and responsive laterally and instantly with a bit of shin pressure.

Lange has a stiffer free ride boot here. Without the spoiler it is an upright stance center driven boot with options to go softer with the insert swap. The boot makes carving easier for me as I am not constantly pushing as hard forward into the turns. It takes some getting used to with the more upright stance and less power needed to the shins.

Hopefully, we will get a bit of snow and I can get them off piste in the next few days. If not I will get the more dialed in with the boots on groomers.

With the weird warmer afternoons, off piste is cement so I am psyched to groomer ski blues.

I am not sue if I will try the spoiler or softer inserts, because so far the Shadows don't need tinkering. I probably should align my cuffs but have not bothered yet.

Pray for snow.

20240102_122750.jpg

jwilli

Getting off the lift
Skier
Just had the first day on mine. Impressed with the fit but have a little pressure on the top of my big toe nail that might need a little grind. There's a bit of a plastic angle there in an uncomfortable spot for me. Rode with the harder inserts today but going to swap out the softer inserts in the lower pivot and try it again tomorrow to see if there's a difference.

TS
altabrig

altabrig

Skier
Interested to hear the performance character with the lower durometer inserts. Surely a function of rider mass too.

Jeronimo

Out on the slopes
Skier
I dropped in my footbeds and changed the soles plates to DIN 5355 from GW.
How did you pull this off? When I received mine I only had the GW soles. Tried contacting Lange customer support about getting some 5355 soles but that request obviously got lost in the ether.

TS
altabrig

altabrig

Skier
I pulled some off older boots. I have toe plates galore - I am a heel striker. I have wondered online if I could use 5355 toe lates with GW heel plates. Currently using only DIN toe and heel.

Call rossignol in Park City. They will send you some.
From Rossi:
Thanks for contacting Rossignol. You can place an order by filling out the attached form.

Item number(s) for our reference: LVKLZL0

Cost: $35 plus shipping

**Regarding shipping: We authorize the orders for the cost of the parts and tax (if applicable) and then we include a shipping cost buffer. This buffer is approximately $25-$30, and is rounded up to the nearest $5 increment. Once the order moves through the warehouse where the shipping is calculated, that hold will be dropped and the card will be settled for the appropriate amount once the order has shipped.

US After Sales & Warranty
Groupe Rossignol North America
435-252-3300
[email protected]
brand

https://www.rossignol.com/us/rossignol-warranty-policy

Last edited:

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
How did you pull this off? When I received mine I only had the GW soles. Tried contacting Lange customer support about getting some 5355 soles but that request obviously got lost in the ether.
Keep an eye on Ebay. The ISO soles pop up regularly.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I do a lot of boot canting and since it cannot be done with Gripwalk soles I keep at least one set of every 5355 sole on hand.

Jeronimo

Out on the slopes
Skier
I'm curious if theres anyone out there that's experienced these boots and would have an educated opinion on which Zipfit model would work well in these?

TS
altabrig

altabrig

Skier
My uneducated guess is the higher volume. Not corsa.

breakaway01

Booting up
Skier
My bootfitter was able to order the alpine soles for the Shadows.

KimJongTr1ll

Putting on skis
Skier
What size foot are you (length and last/width)? How was the instep portion when fitting these?
27.5 LV couldn’t really tell you the specifics on mm of my foot but I have a really skinny ankle and heel pocket with a pretty standard forefoot. Mostly wear 11s in shoes. Normal height instep. The instep is comfortable but I wouldn’t call it super snug. I don’t feel the need to add a shim or annything.

Sponsor

Staff online