• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sold Lange RX Heritage LV (RX Ri, RX 140 LV) 27.5

amarchand

Booting up
Skier
Selling a brand new pair of the rare 2020 Lange RX Heritage LV In 27.5. Too much heel volume for me, had to downsize. These are unavailable in the US, only 200 pairs produced Basically a slightly stiffer RX 130 LV with a hilariously cool color scheme. Asking $650+ship or local pickup in Boston; $50 less than a new RX 130.

cheers! A 2A8DC9CF-6AB4-4E68-AE4A-80FDD137F945.jpeg 72776B6A-DAC0-4BB3-8052-333D9782D1D9.jpeg

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I skied mine today...what an attention getter.

TS
amarchand

amarchand

Booting up
Skier
I skied mine today...what an attention getter.
How do they feel, Phil? I still need to have mine fitted, need forefoot and toe box punches and new footbeds. Interested to see the difference coming from a 2016 RS130.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
How do they feel, Phil? I still need to have mine fitted, need forefoot and toe box punches and new footbeds. Interested to see the difference coming from a 2016 RS130.
I had to do a lot of work to mine. Coming from a 2016 RS130 and if that boot worked for you, I am sure you will be happy.

TS
amarchand

amarchand

Booting up
Skier
I had to do a lot of work to mine. Coming from a 2016 RS130 and if that boot worked for you, I am sure you will be happy.
Thanks for the feedback Phil. I anticipate mine will be the same - the shell fit feels tighter than my old RS130 for some reason. Curious as to the difference between the old shell material and the new 'dual core.' We shall see.

Scrundy

I like beer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
School me, I assume the LV stands for large volume? And if so how much wider than the standard RX? I’ve always have problems with my heal being to tight and I end up grinding the crap out of the heel pocket. Is the liner also higher volume?
Tempting but so much fooling around to get the boots dialed in and I feel as though I’m there , but in a little to soft a boot

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
School me, I assume the LV stands for large volume? And if so how much wider than the standard RX? I’ve always have problems with my heal being to tight and I end up grinding the crap out of the heel pocket. Is the liner also higher volume?
Tempting but so much fooling around to get the boots dialed in and I feel as though I’m there , but in a little to soft a boot

The opposite, LV stands for Low Volume. It is built on a 97mm last rather than the standard 100mm last of the RX.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
LV is Low Volume, 97mm. Lange offers a HV which is High Volume which is a 102

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
It's basically a race boot with a replaceable heel/toe.
Not really, it is the 140 (LV) with replacable soles. The 140 differs from the 130 with it's lace up liner. The race boots are the ZA/ZB/ZC.

trailtrimmer

Stuck in the Flatlands
Skier
The only difference between the RS130 and 140 is the liner correct? And I did mention the replaceable parts soooooo.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
The only difference between the RS130 and 140 is the liner correct? And I did mention the replaceable parts soooooo.

Pretty sure @Philpug 's point is that the RS/RX are based on a different last than the race boots ZA/ZB/ZC which are true plugs. (i.e. Many can actually ski an RS/RX LV without significant boot work, not so much for the even smaller lasted race boots.)

trailtrimmer

Stuck in the Flatlands
Skier
Pretty sure @Philpug 's point is that the RS/RX are based on a different last than the race boots ZA/ZB/ZC which are true plugs. (i.e. Many can actually ski an RS/RX LV without significant boot work, not so much for the even smaller lasted race boots.)

There are an awful lot of Jr., collegiate, nastar, and beer league racers running around in RS70 to RS130 series boots which are considered race boots by Lange themselves. A boot doesn't require a lace up liner to be a race boot and they don't have to be a plug to be a race boot.

The RS 130 Wide is for all practical purposes a blue RX130 and the low volume RX1xx boots are cousins of the RS line but with replaceable heel/toe. Pretty good chance parts of the RX LV line and this boot shares some of the exact same molds as the RS line.

Regardless, I still wish these would fit me and they are totally worth the asking price if you know you have a Lange foot.

TS
amarchand

amarchand

Booting up
Skier
Not really, it is the 140 (LV) with replacable soles. The 140 differs from the 130 with it's lace up liner. The race boots are the ZA/ZB/ZC.
Kind of surprised and disappointed that the RX Ri doesn't include a cork flow lace-up. The included liner looks great, but feels like it won't last too long.. Might have to just stick with my Zipfits.

By the way, these boots sold.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I a
Kind of surprised and disappointed that the RX Ri doesn't include a cork flow lace-up. The included liner looks great, but feels like it won't last too long.. Might have to just stick with my Zipfits.

By the way, these boots sold.
I agree, the liner that comes with the Z boots is sooo much better than this one. I know a few people that are sking these and all are in some sort of aftermarket liner.

Sponsor