• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
langes.JPG

so after 5 seasons on Lange XT 130’s it was time for a new pair of boots. I decided to go with the new dual core RX’s this time for a bit more performance and the new design. I put my BD liners in these and will ski on the boot untouched to see what I feel needs to be tweaked. So far my initial impressions are that the overall shape of this boot is improved. It’s a 97 boot however I immediately noticed more room in the toe box. For my thin ankles and Achilles this boot fits much better and although the Lange isn’t known for a low instep, this just seems to fit better on my low instep. I think the overall shape is why it seems to fit so well rather than specifically narrow or lower zones. I will most likely need a toe grind and a bit more 6th toe area but nothing much. I certainly will appreciate a slightly stiff boot since my cuffs literally rocked backwards about 5mm with the original walk mode on the old XT’s. (Yes, they are locked) :) Nice low profile buckles I’m not sure if I will keep the stock strap or go back to my tried and true Booster strap. More to follow

Attachments

• D2FA1596-A00C-49C8-96F2-E31F2DD832C9.jpeg
    D2FA1596-A00C-49C8-96F2-E31F2DD832C9.jpeg
    96.2 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

Bill Seddon

Booting up
Skier
I have the RX120LV. Have about 30 hours in them so far in the fridge over here. Been spot on. Had a custom footbed but stuck with the stock liner that was heat moulded. Nothing else needed doing.

Bill Seddon

Booting up
Skier
Yep, exactly that. Indoor slope, on man made snow. Was minus 5 celsius there this morning first thing. Warms up to about -3 during the day as more people come in.

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
View attachment 33857

so after 5 seasons on Lange XT 130’s it was time for a new pair of boots. I decided to go with the new dual core RX’s this time for a bit more performance and the new design. I put my BD liners in these and will ski on the boot untouched to see what I feel needs to be tweaked. So far my initial impressions are that the overall shape of this boot is improved. It’s a 97 boot however I immediately noticed more room in the toe box. For my thin ankles and Achilles this boot fits much better and although the Lange isn’t known for a low instep, this just seems to fit better on my low instep. I think the overall shape is why it seems to fit so well rather than specifically narrow or lower zones. I will most likely need a toe grind and a bit more 6th toe area but nothing much. I certainly will appreciate a slightly stiff boot since my cuffs literally rocked backwards about 5mm with the original walk mode on the old XT’s. (Yes, they are locked) :) Nice low profile buckles I’m not sure if I will keep the stock strap or go back to my tried and true Booster strap. More to follow
Them's is purty.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
So, you just moved the BD liners to the new shell? I'm curious about this. Keep us updated on it, since I have BD liners and am under the impression moving them to a new shell just doesn't work. I'd LOVE it if I could move them if I decided on a new shell.

Bill Seddon

Booting up
Skier
The indoor places are great for boot testing as you are always on your feet, no chairs to rest on etc. Would show up any troublesome spots quickly, luckily mine have been spot on. ( not luck, a carefully selected fitter)

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
So Skied the @Blue Streak today at Loveland. I am supposed to say it sucked but conditions are really good. Performance from the RX is fantastic. Coming off the 5 year old Xt, the RX was a huge improvement. I literally laughed when I exited the first turn and my boot upper cuff didnt move backwards :) It was rather noticeable. I also loved the heel pocket. My heel was locked down snugly. Also, Achilles and ankle were snug; no movement. The extra stiffness was appreciated when moving into the new turn, I really didn't notice before that I didnt have enough support on the cuff. It was also noticeable how the boot was much more supportive. Since I used my BootDoc liners, there was zero break-in, In fact, my feet were more comfortable in the RX. The boot is also quicker laterally. At this point, I will continue to ski them untouched as I didn't feel I needed mods.

@AmyPJ - regarding the BD's, they feel great in the boot.

Last edited:

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
I tried a bunch of boots last week and the Lange RX 130 stood out as the one with the best fit for me. I couldnt find a 130 LV to try though. Still, my tweaked RS 130 fit better but hey they were modded by a bootfitter. That said for a stock boot I loved the new RX.

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
The rs and the RX LV are very similar now. The RX is not nearly as low volume. I am lucky to have pretty boring feet. I never require much mod. Having the BD’s also makes this a much easier process.

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I think you should take a couple of laps in the new Lange liner, I think you will be duly impressed. It is a huge improvement over the old model.

James

Out There
Instructor
I decided to go with the new dual core
Thought we were beyond quad core these days...
What is this dual core business?
I certainly will appreciate a slightly stiff boot since my cuffs literally rocked backwards about 5mm with the original walk mode on the old XT’s. (Yes, they are locked)
Goodness!
Let me guess, the fitter/shop didn't believe you.

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
@James Here's a good video on Dual Core And, no, we were all laughing at the shop about much aft movement there was in the cuff. Steamboat Ski & Bike is the best shop in town.

Last edited:

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Interesting!! I'm pretty excited to hear that the BD liners are working out in the new shells, too.

Sponsor

Staff online