• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Lake Louise Womens World Cup in Pictures

Black Dog

Its all downhill from here..
Skier
20181203_150635.jpg
20181203_113236.jpg
20181130_104520(0).jpg
Here are some pictures of this weekends race.

Last edited:
TS
Black Dog

Black Dog

Skier
20181130_123628.jpg

This is Federica Brignone walking to the start of course from the chairlift. She went up the lift without skis on and got a piggy back ride most of way by one of her coaches.

Last edited:

hbear

Out on the slopes
Skier
Can’t even explain how cool LL is as a race fan. I don’t think there is anywhere else all the racers are so accessible and how close you can get to talk and interact with them. It’s perfect for kids! My daughter has pictures and spoke with pretty much every racer there.

(No way that happens at bigger NA stops and certainly no chance in Europe)

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Great pics @Black Dog
Though we don't have a thread specifically about Lake Louise, we have been talking about Mikaela's win in the Super G.
This was a crazy cool race weekend, between Lake Louise and the Birds of Prey....
Hard to keep up with all the cool action.

TS
Black Dog

Black Dog

Skier
The rescue helo taking off to take Christine Scheyer of Austria off the hill after she crashed and tore her ACL. Somehow she manage to ski down without the assistance the Helo.

Helo christine-scheyer.jpg

Jack skis

Ex 207cm VR17 Skier
Skier
B. D. that's a great shot of the DH and SC track down the mountain. On TV we get to see bits of it, but never, as I remember, a long shot like this.

TS
Black Dog

Black Dog

Skier
B. D. that's a great shot of the DH and SC track down the mountain. On TV we get to see bits of it, but never, as I remember, a long shot like this.

Actually it show the DH start house. It is just below the US Coaches left shoulder with the blue banners. What you on the upper right is snow fences coming down from the platter lift off the top of Larch. Not part of the race course, it was pretty scratchy up there. They groomed between the fences for an easy way down.
I think I got more course pics.

hbear

Out on the slopes
Skier
Men started a touch higher as a FYI.
Next year I can shoot some course pics to put up. Pretty interesting and much turnier before the jump on waterfall than you can see on TV.

Sponsor

Staff online