• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

International (Europe/Japan/Southern Hemisphere) La Dolce Vita, or: skiing is not the most important

Mel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Great trip and wonderful photos. I feel like my ski days need more cheese and charcuterie plates involved.

any tips on where to get stroopwafels in Canada? We just got back from a week in Amsterdam and Brussels, and my 15 year old brought back a case of them as hand luggage! We have a German deli near us that imports them, but they’re a little old by the time they make it here. We had some made fresh in front of us and now we’re too spoiled to eat ones that aren’t really good!

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
:golfclap: Bravo! Great job @Slim and wife. Nice trip report too.

TS
Slim

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@Mel did you check the 3bros website for shipping to Canada?

And yes, fresh off the griddle is miles above packaged, even if fairly fresh.

Mel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@Mel did you check the 3bros website for shipping to Canada?

And yes, fresh off the griddle is miles above packaged, even if fairly fresh.
I don’t see anything to say that they ship here - looks like lower 48 states only :( I will keep searching!

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier
Both mounted with ATK Crest with a toe shim to reduce delta.

Kinda off topic, but did you ski those bindings without the shim before adding them? I have a set enroute, no skis yet to mount them to so I have plenty of time to over think it.

TS
Slim

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Kinda off topic, but did you ski those bindings without the shim before adding them? I have a set enroute, no skis yet to mount them to so I have plenty of time to over think it.
I did, but only a few times, and with different boots.
I had a few reasons:

• I have a lot of ankle range of motion (dorsiflexion), and not very stiff boots, so I want to be able to use my ball of foot to balance.
  • I also tried standing clicked in the skis, flexing and extending, with a without a wood shim underneath the ski. Felt better with shim.
  • I looked at the angles of my resort set ups.
All those things point towards less binding ramp angle, so it was an easy choice.
I tried the B&D. Stupid. The screw pattern fits, but the baseplate extends over the front of the shim, so in walk mode, it starts to bend and you pop out of the ski:doh:.
Had to McGuyver a sliver of firewood underneath there to hold me in.

Now I use the toe adjustment plates. Allows me to use different boots, and are pre cut and drilled, so quick install ( the morning before our trip to Mammoth).
If you don’t need different BSL, and have some time, you could make some yourself. I have
cut some from PE cutting boards, and on TGR someone 3D printed a lovely set.

Sponsor

Staff online