• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Kvitfjell DH M

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Fun race today with a few ”comebacks” and good positions for a few new guys collecting points. Tomrrow they go again.
But biggest today was bronze in 30k XC for junior skier Frida Karlsson in the WCH:s in Seefeldt. A junior skier!

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Have not had a chance to watch it, yet. Grabbing some lunch.
Did check the results. Think, barring disaster that sews up the DH globe. Hard to overcome am 80 point lead with one left.

Was pretty surprised to see the USST results. Very, very odd season for all but Nyman and Bennett {who has had a great season....}

Nice medal by Firda K in the WCH 30K! That is impressive for one so young.

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
Not related to DH in Kvitfjell, if all goes normal, I think we were able to see start of new Johaug (I wouldn't dare to say new Bjoergen just yet). It's not she got "just" one medal but 3, so she has whole collection already at age of 19, plus 3 golds from junior World Championships a month earlier. Really impressive.

TS
Swede

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Not related to DH in Kvitfjell, if all goes normal, I think we were able to see start of new Johaug (I wouldn't dare to say new Bjoergen just yet). It's not she got "just" one medal but 3, so she has whole collection already at age of 19, plus 3 golds from junior World Championships a month earlier. Really impressive.

:thumb:

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
And Jared Goldberg must be pretty satisfied with todays work!

Since he has not broken into the top 10, top 20, and top 25 this season {actually one 25th}, with finishes in the 40's......yes that's a very nice result. I believe that the head USST DH coach may have tried to light a few fires. Last race of the season for those not going to WCF. Not saying there is a coaching change coming...not saying there is NOT one.

Was a bit disturbed to read Ganong's comments about going for it. Not sure what is going on with him. Long recovery period?

I need to remind myself of how young Sam Morse is. Scanning the year of birth of the entire field puts it in perspective. He has a bright future.

And, personally, I think Wiley Maple should have been a discretionary pick on the team. He has raced every single WC DH. The only non USST member. It's strange. Can't be helpful to him. More of same.

"The Fuzz" has the globe locked up, IMO {and I am not alone}. If there had been a second DH and if Paris could have knocked that lead to under 50 points, might be a more interesting finish at WCF's. Both guys are great.

Last edited:
TS
Swede

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
It’s a nice course. Similar type of of mountain as Åre (part of Skanderna mountain range), but not as many twists and crests as the Åre downhill. A nudge faster in the end with 140ish kph top speeds. SG today!

Last edited:

newfydog

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Just watched the winning and second place runs. Pretty interesting, with Paris all over the place in 1st, and Jansrud in great contol but second. If I had to guess I would have said Paris went far enough off line and tossed the skis hard enough to lose time, but the clock is smarter than me!

TS
Swede

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Just watched the winning and second place runs. Pretty interesting, with Paris all over the place in 1st, and Jansrud in great contol but second. If I had to guess I would have said Paris went far enough off line and tossed the skis hard enough to lose time, but the clock is smarter than me!

That would be a quite normal assumption, but this track doesn’t have so many challenges, instead you have to challenge it! That is what we saw in Paris skiing yesterday and today, he was on the limit more... pushing it more making a few mistakes in the process. But not big enough to punish him. Obviously extremely comfortable on his material.

TS
Swede

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Just to close Kvitfjell completely for this season and add to the winning Paris talk, he is also a surprisingly decent SL skier, I hear. Combined SL in Åre not really representative as it deteriorated too much when The Dom skied.