• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Kobe

Mike Thomas

Whiteroom
Industry Insider
Kobe's last game was a perfect representation of his 20 year career, chrystalized in one game. He scored 60 points and almost singlehandedly won the game.

... but he took 50 shots, putting up gaudy numbers in a meaningless game against an oponent that was not very interested in the outcome.

Yay Kobe!

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Kobe was like Michael Jordan without Scotty Pippen. I was a HUGE Lakers fan from the Kareem and Magic days all the way until Shaq left... then not so much interest. It ceased to be a cohesive team from that point on.. I hope Kobe enjoys skiing., He was a very talented basketball player, but never came across as a team player to me..

James

Out There
Instructor
If winning that game was so important, why wasn't winning a game during the rest of the season important? They won only 17 games all season. Truly pathetic.
But Kobe won his last game! And scored 60 points on 50 shots! It's all about the spectacle.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I was a Lakers fan but after Kobe dumped Shaq, a coach and the Vail thing I kind of rooted against him. Steph Curry...now there's a player.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I was a Lakers fan but after Kobe dumped Shaq, a coach and the Vail thing I kind of rooted against him. Steph Curry...now there's a player.
Exactly my sentiments.

James

Out There
Instructor
Well this is what bugged me about LeBron last year in the finals. There's no question he carried them but there's also an element of saying fu to the team, esp the coach. He's a team player and he's not it seems. Odd. But I think if he was really about team he wouldn't dis the coach and undermine the whole show right in the thick of it. Perhaps it's not playing in college.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
James, the skip college is definitely a factor in some players maturity and tendency to try to do it all themselves. One man show can get a lot farther and even win championships at the high school level but not really at the college level where the talent and coaching is more evenly matched. Still shows a general personality problem when someone's still a notorious ball hog after 20 years in the NBA. He can still shoot, perhaps the Globetrotters will take him?

Sponsor

Staff online