• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Knee Pain

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
This is a great article. As the article points out, knee pain is often a symptom, and not a root cause. Without proper evaluation you could be chasing custom boot fitting and binding tweaks for years, without improvement.

Later in the week I have an article hitting on FMS eval, and bike fit, featuring Ned Overend.

For skiing there is a great PT out of Seattle who can work at a distance. She can help you build a more robust, and durable structure, and help you address range of motion exercises that will take you to the next level. I'll post details, with the FMS article, when they hit.

If this sounds like something that you want to do, get some video footage of yourself skiing, ASAP. Save it. That footage will be part of the process.

nunyabiz

Putting on skis
Skier
A couple years ago I was in PT for a non-knee issue and I mentioned my knee pain when sprinting/jumping. In less than 5 minutes the physical therapist diagnosed the root of my problem to my hips and glutes and gave me some stretches to do. If i do those stretches prior to playing sports, I no longer have knee pain and don't need the patellar strap I used to rely on.

Sponsor

Staff online