• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Klunker Bike Love

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I don't often post GCN video but this one really made a point that rang true. We are altogether trapped within the minutiae of the sport and forget to enjoy the moment.

And so, I think this forum needs a klunker bike thread.

Any vintage, any age, fun to ride.

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
I don't often post GCN video but this one really made a point that rang true. We are altogether trapped within the minutiae of the sport and forget to enjoy the moment.

And so, I think this forum needs a klunker bike thread.

Any vintage, any age, fun to ride.

And how is this different than skiing or most any other sport that 'equipment' plays a vital roll?
As for is true in all cases, enjoyment comes from within! Equipment just helps take us there...

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
I have to say..I don't really have the klunker bike luv... Call me crazy..I dunno..I just like my good bikes and properly functioning.

TS
cantunamunch

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I have to say..I don't really have the klunker bike luv... Call me crazy..I dunno..I just like my good bikes and properly functioning.

So make the klunker work right.

If you don't have a bike that you'd ride anywhere in anything, you're missing out :D

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
So make the klunker work right.

If you don't have a bike that you'd ride anywhere in anything, you're missing out :D
Yeah I know what you're saying. I have the crapper bike that I use to go to the store and stuff..and I ride it because it won't get stolen..but I don't enjoy it really. I dunno..I guess just fixing thousands of bikes over the years I've just got tired of riding junk. I don't mind riding novel stuff for a bit..rode a track bike around for a few months.. Not saying you're wrong..I just ain't feeling it.

We used to have one of these as a shop bike..that was fun to ride..
dfde827932ab3f6a37e3ac57732a49bc.jpg

And we used to have shop races some of these...
999999-8787605737.jpg

But beyond that..just kinda lost it.. :huh:

TS
cantunamunch

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Earlier this year I was looking for a Tom Kellogg - era Ross for a monstercross build. I missed out on one donor for not-getting-off-my-bum and on another because other expenses. Well, someone actually took my idea and did it. Not a fan of the stem, the tires and the lever position, otherwise it's pretty much as I pictured it.

01313_afyr53lWSRL_1200x900.jpg

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/bik/d/silver-spring-vintage-ross-56/6780862665.html

:beercheer::golfclap::hail: for the klunker love anyhow (especially the 3x5 shifting :D:eek::D)

Last edited: