• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Kingdom Trails Access Closures

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
lands owners pissed about MTB telling them off and litering

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
There has always been that brilliant self-entitled group of mountain bikers... We can be heroes.. Until they take the access away...

Superbman

Getting off the lift
Skier
this story has certainly sent shockwaves through the northeast biking world. These parcels are effectively the heat of KTA.

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier

Found this showing effected trails.

If correct looks like the only way through is on the road.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
There are lots of snow machine trails up north here and much of it exists at the sole discretion of the landowners. If you blow through them at 60mph, everyone may lose access and no more trail. It's not a right..listen to the better angels of our nature..be kind and respectful.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Any hope for the local mtb advocacy org to "reel this back in"?

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Any hope for the local mtb advocacy org to "reel this back in"?

it would be Kingdom Trails Association, and honestly I am not sure. All three of those parcels are owned by one family and people tell her to fuck off when she goes horse back riding on the doubletrack they are allowed and gave access to everyone. I am hearing this 2nd hand but directly second hand from the people who previously owned the parcel of the land that Sidewinder is on, the one that is now owned by the Vermotn Land Trust.

Unless the burringtons decide to sell it to vermont land trust I dont think summer time MTBing will occur legally on these trails.

With out these trails KTA is much less than a sum of its parts. on darling hills these were literally my favorite descents and its basically make most trails not that accessible and I am guessing will jam people in ti the sidewinder/webs area.

TS
Tony S

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Which is not the end of the world..

Not sure about that. As Josh says, several of the affected trails are among the best and most popular - Riverwood, Tap and Die, Troll Stroll, Burrington Bench, Pines, etc. It's like if they closed the whole High Traverse area at Alta.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
why would I want to ride a horse on these trails?

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
because that way you can still ride them? And help maintain them in reasonably bikeable condition?

OFC, if you're planning to hike in on trail work day, that's excellent and laudable...

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
I really dont care if I could ride them on a horse...its pay to ride area with professional trail crew.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
its pointless man.

The trails are private property you can not just go in an maintain them yourself.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
its pointless man.

Apparently, 'coz you're missing the pun and the point.

The trails are private property you can not just go in an maintain them yourself.

Yes, and
Unless the trails are used no one will either pay professional trail crews nor obtain consent of the landowners to allow volunteer work days.

And what are the remaining ways to use them?

Sponsor

Staff online