• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
This is the first tunnel on Skyeburst, there are 3 others under construction on Great Northern by the old Poma, Lower Chute, and Great Bear. ... Does anywhere else in the world have ski tunnels of this size? (~120 feet long, 15 feet high, 35 feet wide)

Are these to fix crossing trails with a bad history of collisions? I used to know Killington very well, but I'm having trouble picturing where these are going.

TS
Guy in Shorts

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Are these to fix crossing trails with a bad history of collisions? I used to know Killington very well, but I'm having trouble picturing where these are going.
Yes - Goal is keep the Great Northern touring crowd separated from the crossing downhill traffic. Speedgates on Mouse trap that they have used for years may go away. Will help in many ways to make The Beast friendlier.

Living Proof

We All Have The Truth
Skier
My daughter and her husband are headed to Killington this week end to participate in the Spartan Race, known as the "The Beast". They have been training for months for this type of race, and, did a local event at my home Blue Mtn, in Pa. Looking at the Spartan website, this promises to be one helluva an ordeal, attracting the elite Spartan Race members. Fortunately, they entered the age specific brackets and will not take on the full course.

https://www.spartan.com/en/race/detail/3618/overview

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
A little birdie told me that Killington will be doing their usual early season buy one - get one deal. It's not published yet but it will be. This is how Michael and I have been able to ski Killington before Christmas. I'm stoked that once again this will be how it plays out. You buy a daily ticket for the window rate and you get another ticket for free. If the daily is 90 then that make each of our tickets $45. This is important to me because between my Mount Snow pass and this I can get a bunch of days in before I start teaching at Bromley.

:daffy:

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
We do early season at Killington using the buy one get one deal they offer. Then we get the spring pass. This year we're working in a mid season weekend trip with the ski club because dammit I'd like to ski killington and ski other terrain than what I usually ski. I know the snowdon, northridge and super star areas VERY, VERY, VERY well because I all but live at the beast in the early season and spring. Mid season trips are the first weekend in January and the first weekend in March. Can't do both so trying to pick one, ah decisions, decisions. I'd like to go when the most terrain is open.

Sponsor