• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
OMG forgot all about the bearded version of stormy daniels. We were hanging out the the U Bar watching him say hello to people and proceed to take their face and bury it in his bosom. He was having a blast joking with everyone.

Toying with the idea of coming up this weekend. Haven't decided yet. Looks like possible rain and I need to see the snow report on friday to see what's open. I really should stay home and do stuff but I can resume adulting when there's no snow left. My philosophy is I'm not going to say come August "you know I'm real glad I stayed home that weekend to do...."

Pretty sure Michael's staying home. I may drive up saturday morning and ski saturday afternoon, sunday....

Maybe..............

Last edited:

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
D6F6AC9C-E17C-40BE-A430-9D43BE2D2BB4.jpeg 88627CF7-6ED0-4B18-B6F8-E2284830D51E.jpeg

There certainly is a Killington paradox in that today we only saw seven employees at the mountain, yet they were nowhere near capacity??!

Lodge - closed
Food - single grill (aka painfully slow)
Umbrella bar - usaual 2 awesome bartenders
Snow - off the hook
Parking lot - NFL tailgate caliber

Based on the Chamber of Commerce emails that I received, the area is only at 5% occupancy-yet but mtn doesn’t seem to be doing anything to bump that into double digits?!

I am certain smarter people than myself make these decisions, however it appears to be a true chicken and the egg scenario playing out.

TS
Guy in Shorts

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Guy In Shorts 11May Weekend Killington Conditions

Weekend fun kicked into gear Friday with a partially groomed Superstar. Sun baked the snow surface as the corn popped to life. Wife worked on keeping the proper leg gap as our ski bum teammate has been tweaking her style. Had our last run down Upper Bittersweet as the gaps are growing with the remaining snow melting away. Cooler cloudy dry Saturday exceeded expectations. Tournament mogul line started on the very top of the Headwall skiers left for the worthy. Sunday the corn fest returned in full force. Superstar headwall had a decent rock garden going by the end of the day. Skyelark and Lower Bittersweet held up well and may still be around for one more weekend. Access road tailgating was going full force as I drove off to work.

Spring Corn Grade A

Quote of the Day – Hit one of those piles of soft snow too square and they become man eaters.

Leg gap.jpg Leg Gap Tournament line.jpg Tournament Line Rocky top.jpg Rocky Top

mister moose

Instigator
Skier
ꜛꜛ
Bare spots? No. Top was ski-off, bottom was long white expressway ramps leading to the lift.

Emerging rocks on the first 60 feet of Superstar that required A) Navigational skills, B) Looking farther than your ski tips, and C) rapid ability to change your plan? Yes.
Fairly benign, nothing there to do a core shot on, but don't bring your "keep em perfect" skis.
Next week: "Bring your ride em hard and put em away wet" skis.

Skyelark was TTB in the AM, not sure how it looked in the PM.

Last edited:

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
So i was hoping to get up one more time this weekend, but rain forecast makes me think my season is over.
Johnny doesn't think so though..

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Wished we'd come up last weekend. However, my 1 year old cat chose to get sick so had to take him to the vet saturday. Turns out he licked something caustic (bleach, who knows). Thankfully his organs weren't hurt and some antibiotics are making him all better. It was a couple days of not eating and anxiety for both Tiki and I. Last weekend looked like a blast and I'm glad people skied and had fun. Wish we could come up this weekend, wish we were a bit closer to make it a weekend.......... At least we made it until May 6th so goal achieved. Next season hopefully even longer. Hope everyone has fun this coming weekend. I will be with you all in spirit.

Last edited:
TS
Guy in Shorts

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Last two days of the Killington Spring Season are on tap. The following is from the resort conditions report -

The grooming team has worked hard throughout the year and will continue to work hard for top to bottom skiing on Friday and Saturday – but it is not guaranteed. We will spin the lifts Friday and Saturday – even if walking is required with Saturday being the final ski day of the season. Lift tickets for Friday and Saturday will be $29 per day, all ages – no online sales. Be sure to check back on Thursday afternoon for the latest conditions updates.

Last edited:
TS
Guy in Shorts

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Have fun. We'll be at our friends house in Andover, VT down the street from Magic/Bromley for the long weekend.
Once you get a Vermont house and start coming for the non ski time the question soon becomes - Why do we keep driving south when we really want to be right here in the mountains? Have a great weekend and stop by the tailgate if you happen make it to the closing party.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Once you get a Vermont house and start coming for the non ski time the question soon becomes - Why do we keep driving south when we really want to be right here in the mountains? Have a great weekend and stop by the tailgate if you happen make it to the closing party.

I know and you are right, I get sad every time we head back to CT. Granted there are worse places to live but I'm a Vermont girl. We come up to Vermont a few times in the off season too but I always put on my boo boo face when we get back to the Fairfield curtain as I'm not a fan of this pretentious place. The problem is the jobs for us. Not really me because I'll happily give up my corporate gig but Michael is a year or two out from getting laid off likely and will get quite the package if he hangs in there so we can't leave until then. You have a great weekend too, thanks, we'll stop by if we wind up that way. It 's about an hour north of our friends house and we have dinner plans saturday night at the Ye Old Tavern. Ahhh closing party, much sadness but what a great season eh. Until October when we start up the party again.....

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
The irony of them closing this weekend is that we are coming up next weekend for the condo association meeting and my wife was hoping to take a few runs on Superstar. She has never skied so late or in such warm weather. Neither have I, but my ankle is not quite ready for a ski boot!

When I retire I could become a ski bum and just live in Vermont, but my wife won't hear of it. She loves the winter life in Vermont (she's from Wisconsin), but wants more variety. The jobs will keep us in PA/DE area at least for a few more years, and help pay down that condo.

@Brian Finch My daughter just got her PT degree at Pitt at the end of April and started work this week at Mercy Hospital in Pittsburgh. Her undergrad was Athletic Training.

HNS0i_HbUfOXXoHP4u1mwlPrRrq-TBkr4TlG6rUgIZ7B5r8Y52mOcbJGfzJL-juNcVaPJc0f7Esq09a4ERy_EdlfqVO5eliS4ULEpdyRVPCbAZBRHDrTZFxoyb-QTkZcoEaY2Dp7k7xi94EsxEf2fNbQ0O676CB442-rjD24bQeUSPQKm4Tp1sup2heqzI4XG31ASEoXSywn_TaRBjp8irw06fDnJFewt85Yh9-s4PvEngVadcNRXg3Wr-eo6as_XQBLiDkayoAxBmgn6PMNApoZTQWPkjPOIWt4M7G5R8_I2wuDeAscbq9I4t0djuRXgroeUclyw3Xzgm4wTqhVvFFfsWFVr0oHq2KOuTWaM0EnnaqEypGu4Ins_AMsox0Jbk2szInG52dDUflPd0i7Cguk7zY6fiXEJ4cSVJOOW-4TOD-xck3zwFxh1D6DLYTBURFWBw-UQjael8_sm89cjTLC3UFvzh6HaODM4cDxChvrL_jftxkojuoHmFk0wra-_FJ4jd6OIF-nbETK_X4KAB7HSta-4BOvVAYnjDRQIlmR4_o-RRomnJQvfCJGdRCNWIZek227vMhji1uPQoAqW9mPT5mQj2T10URPCkk=w1618-h910-no

Daughter w/boyfriend and my wife over Christmas weekend.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
The irony of them closing this weekend is that we are coming up next weekend for the condo association meeting and my wife was hoping to take a few runs on Superstar. She has never skied so late or in such warm weather. Neither have I, but my ankle is not quite ready for a ski boot!

When I retire I could become a ski bum and just live in Vermont, but my wife won't hear of it. She loves the winter life in Vermont (she's from Wisconsin), but wants more variety. The jobs will keep us in PA/DE area at least for a few more years, and help pay down that condo.

@Brian Finch My daughter just got her PT degree at Pitt at the end of April and started work this week at Mercy Hospital in Pittsburgh. Her undergrad was Athletic Training.

HNS0i_HbUfOXXoHP4u1mwlPrRrq-TBkr4TlG6rUgIZ7B5r8Y52mOcbJGfzJL-juNcVaPJc0f7Esq09a4ERy_EdlfqVO5eliS4ULEpdyRVPCbAZBRHDrTZFxoyb-QTkZcoEaY2Dp7k7xi94EsxEf2fNbQ0O676CB442-rjD24bQeUSPQKm4Tp1sup2heqzI4XG31ASEoXSywn_TaRBjp8irw06fDnJFewt85Yh9-s4PvEngVadcNRXg3Wr-eo6as_XQBLiDkayoAxBmgn6PMNApoZTQWPkjPOIWt4M7G5R8_I2wuDeAscbq9I4t0djuRXgroeUclyw3Xzgm4wTqhVvFFfsWFVr0oHq2KOuTWaM0EnnaqEypGu4Ins_AMsox0Jbk2szInG52dDUflPd0i7Cguk7zY6fiXEJ4cSVJOOW-4TOD-xck3zwFxh1D6DLYTBURFWBw-UQjael8_sm89cjTLC3UFvzh6HaODM4cDxChvrL_jftxkojuoHmFk0wra-_FJ4jd6OIF-nbETK_X4KAB7HSta-4BOvVAYnjDRQIlmR4_o-RRomnJQvfCJGdRCNWIZek227vMhji1uPQoAqW9mPT5mQj2T10URPCkk=w1618-h910-no

Daughter w/boyfriend and my wife over Christmas weekend.

Congrats to your daughter we need all the PT people we can get.

TS
Guy in Shorts

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Guy In Shorts 26May Killington Conditions
Setup base camp for the day in the shadow of the Superstar chair. Fickle finger of snow leading down to the leftover snowpack on the headwall quickly turned a muddy rock slide. Sidestepping down the rocks or walking Nivis around became the choice of most. Hard base ice sheet was groomed flat taking hours for any definition to form. Snow bridge section had the best bumps for the early hours. Mix of sun and clouds hung in for the entire day making the weather much better than forecast. Last hour sublimation of the snow seemed to gather as a fog atop Skyepeak for last chair. The springtime Killington crew toasted the season celebrating the ski life. Party when on for hours with grilled tuna, beef and pork tenderloins with lots of IPA’s.

Grade - Final day craziness

Quote of the Day - Countdown to next season starts today, only five months to go!

Fickle Finger.jpg Fickle Finger Lower Pitch.jpg Lower Pitch Base Camp (1).jpg Base Camp Last Chair 2018.jpg Last Chair

Sponsor

Staff online