• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
4 Super Fan Tickets purchased. That's a pair of grandstand tickets and a pair of Lift tickets for each of us!! :yahoo:

See you there. Last year the skiing was quite good that weekend as well. Killington did a good job making sure the snowdon area was well covered. It's setting up to be a fun weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We haven't decided where to ski after Thanksgiving. The Killington World Cup webpage suggests that people not bring bags. I assume this means ski bags and food bags?

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
We haven't decided where to ski after Thanksgiving. The Killington World Cup webpage suggests that people not bring bags. I assume this means ski bags and food bags?

Means when you are entering security so you can watch the race that things will go smoother if you don't have a purse or back pack. I just wear my cold weather winter coat with lots of pockets so i left my purse at home.

I don't ski on the same day we're watching the race but I know others have but I'm not how they separate who's going to watch the race from those that are going into the K1 Lodge to boot up and ski. Perhaps others can comment on that part. If you are just booting up in the parking lot and walking straight to the gondola than it's a non issue. @PisteOff You've skied on world cup day yeah? Did you bring your boot bag into the lodge without issue, did you go through the same security line.

Last edited:
TS
PisteOff

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Means when you are entering security so you can watch the race that things will go smoother if you don't have a purse or back pack. I just wear my cold weather winter coat with lots of pockets so i left my purse at home.

I don't ski on the same day we're watching the race but I know others have but I'm not how they separate who's going to watch the race from those that are going into the K1 Lodge to boot up and ski. Perhaps others can comment on that part. If you are just booting up in the parking lot and walking straight to the gondola than it's a non issue. @PisteOff You've skied on world cup day yeah? Did you bring your boot bag into the lodge without issue, did you go through the same security line.

We booted up in the lot. No bags. Carried in skis and poles and what we could put in our pockets. Everyone goes through the security checkpoints. We skied before the first race, in between races, and afterwards each day. Our plan for this year is the same. Our passes arrived in today’s mail.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Thanks for the info that's what I figured. We'd be fine booting up in the lot but adding a drive in the AM and then dealing with 30,000 people is beginning to sound like more trouble than it's worth. Might just go to Loon or Sugarbush for a day or two depending on what's open.

TS
PisteOff

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks for the info that's what I figured. We'd be fine booting up in the lot but adding a drive in the AM and then dealing with 30,000 people is beginning to sound like more trouble than it's worth. Might just go to Loon or Sugarbush for a day or two depending on what's open.
It’s a lot of fun. Especially the 2nd runs. Superstar skis fast and the girls ski their asses off. Impressive stuff. The whole vibe is really cool. They’ve gotten a lot more snow already this year too so we’re hoping more terrain will be open.

TS
PisteOff

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
There was a lot more terrain open than last year. The skiing was great Friday. By Saturday afternoon the steep pitches had a lot of bare spots and after Saturday night and Sunday morning light rain a number of them were closed and if open they were only skied by folks on rental equipment. :roflmao::doh:

We were able to ski Highline, Ridge Run, Powerline, Downdraft, Cascade, Eastfall Lower, Spillway, and we got on Conclusion shortly after a rope drop in snow that was midway up your calf. Funny story there is we jumped on the Snowdon Triple which runs up Conclusion on its way to the summit of Snowdon right as they dropped the rope. The chair broke down halfway up Conclusion and we had to sit there and watch all that fresh snow get chopped up for 20 agonizing minutes!! It was still good when we got to it, but not like it would’ve been 20 minutes earlier!!

The thing most notable for us was last year we struggled with the icy blues and piles of crud and chop there. This year we blew through double black diamond gates and right into mogul fields, preferring the moguls over the icy spots on the steeps and we just didn’t survive it, we skied it fairly well. The couple weeks we spent out west last year has improved our skiing a lot. A lot. We were a couple of happy skiers this weekend.

Sponsor

Staff online