• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The FIS Women's World Cup is coming back to Killington for it's third iteration this coming November. It just get better every year. Women's GS and SL on Superstar. @ChunderBlunder and myself will be there again this year. I've already booked our lodging. If you intend to go you may want to start looking at lodging as it is already selling out.

Anyone who is going post here and let's see if we can't make a little get together out of this as well........

TS
PisteOff

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We'll be there. We're also staying up the whole weekend instead of heading to our friends house so we'll be around even more.
Yea, we played phone tag last year. Probably walked/skied past each other several times.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Yea, we played phone tag last year. Probably walked/skied past each other several times.

Major phone tag. I felt like we were loosely circling the same area and almost met several times. I think we even ate dinner at the same place. We'll make it happen this year. I just emailed our usual guy to have him hold a room for us for the long weekend.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Looks like the date tickets will be sold is going to be announced in early September

https://www.killington.com/culture/world-cup-fis-ski-racing/tickets

Last year we bought grand stand seats and parked at skyship and took a shuttle up and that worked out great. This year I'm hoping the server doesn't crash and we can snag vip parking tickets.

We're staying on the access road this year from the wednesday before thanksgiving trough the sunday after turkey day so we'll be hanging around all weekend to check out the world cup, the village and do some skiing. I might skip on the VIP parking since we'll be staying just down the road and can take a shuttle up but we'll see.

Getting stoked!!!

TS
PisteOff

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Looks like the date tickets will be sold is going to be announced in early September

https://www.killington.com/culture/world-cup-fis-ski-racing/tickets

Last year we bought grand stand seats and parked at skyship and took a shuttle up and that worked out great. This year I'm hoping the server doesn't crash and we can snag vip parking tickets.

We're staying on the access road this year from the wednesday before thanksgiving trough the sunday after turkey day so we'll be hanging around all weekend to check out the world cup, the village and do some skiing. I might skip on the VIP parking since we'll be staying just down the road and can take a shuttle up but we'll see.

Getting stoked!!!
We’re staying at NorthStar Lodge. Thursday through Monday.

Rod MacDonald

Getting off the lift
Skier
We’re staying at NorthStar Lodge. Thursday through Monday.
My wife and I stayed there the weekend before the race 2 years ago , as a flashback to when we stayed there on honeymoon in feb 92.
Sadly I dont think it's been touched since then, but I suppose our tastes have matured somewhat even if we have not. That said, it's fine.

TS
PisteOff

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My wife and I stayed there the weekend before the race 2 years ago , as a flashback to when we stayed there on honeymoon in feb 92.
Sadly I dont think it's been touched since then, but I suppose our tastes have matured somewhat even if we have not. That said, it's fine.
It’s just me and the boy and the vast majority of our time will be on the hill. Thanks!

TS
PisteOff

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Tickets for the 2018 Audi FIS World Cup races at Killington go on sale Wednesday, September 5th.!!

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
@PisteOff Do you know where the shuttle stops are? Since we're staying on the access road was just thinking about having our friend meet us there and take a shuttle up but not sure where they are. What are you doing? I see they have 2 levels of VIP parking this year!!

TS
PisteOff

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@PisteOff Do you know where the shuttle stops are? Since we're staying on the access road was just thinking about having our friend meet us there and take a shuttle up but not sure where they are. What are you doing? I see they have 2 levels of VIP parking this year!!
They are all up and down the access road. If they see you carrying skis they will just stop regardless if they have room. We stayed further up the access road last year at the Snowed Inn. We left early the one morning and parked at Snowshed and grabbed the shuttle there. The next day grabbed it down by our lodging and as soon as we hit the side of the road a bus pulled over for us. The other two days (when there was no racing) we just drove up to the lot and parked right by K1.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
They are all up and down the access road. If they see you carrying skis they will just stop regardless if they have room. We stayed further up the access road last year at the Snowed Inn. We left early the one morning and parked at Snowshed and grabbed the shuttle there. The next day grabbed it down by our lodging and as soon as we hit the side of the road a bus pulled over for us. The other two days (when there was no racing) we just drove up to the lot and parked right by K1.

Thanks, good to know. We aren't skiing Saturday world cup day but will be skiing thanksgiving and the day after so we'll drive up as far as we can get on those days. Saturday is when we're watching the race and not skiing so that's when we'll want the shuttle. So long as I don't have to carry my skis as a prop so they'll stop it'll all be good :)

TS
PisteOff

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks, good to know. We aren't skiing Saturday world cup day but will be skiing thanksgiving and the day after so we'll drive up as far as we can get on those days. Saturday is when we're watching the race and not skiing so that's when we'll want the shuttle. So long as I don't have to carry my skis as a prop so they'll stop it'll all be good :)
We ski everyday...... :ogcool:

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
We normally ski every day too but early season we tend to take it easy since it's a long season for us. I like to hang around the village on competition day, watch the race, check out the vendors, watch the band, etc. We are meeting our friend Tracey and daughter as well. We'll get plenty of skiing in the 2 days prior. Might ski sunday morning but I might have to jet over to Bromley to handle any paperwork for the season.

Killington's website suggests logging in prior to make sure you remember your login credentials so it's one less thing to worry about on ticket purchase day. Hopefully they beefed up the servers so that it doesn't crash quite so badly. My shopping cart kept crashing and I lost out on VIP parking, was lucky to be able to buy the grandstand tickets before it crashed again.

TS
PisteOff

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We normally ski every day too but early season we tend to take it easy since it's a long season for us. I like to hang around the village on competition day, watch the race, check out the vendors, watch the band, etc. We are meeting our friend Tracey and daughter as well. We'll get plenty of skiing in the 2 days prior. Might ski sunday morning but I might have to jet over to Bromley to handle any paperwork for the season.

Killington's website suggests logging in prior to make sure you remember your login credentials so it's one less thing to worry about on ticket purchase day. Hopefully they beefed up the servers so that it doesn't crash quite so badly. My shopping cart kept crashing and I lost out on VIP parking, was lucky to be able to buy the grandstand tickets before it crashed again.
Yup, same thing happened to me with the checkout last year.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
4 world cup grand stand tickets purchased. That was fun. 2 cell phone browsers and Firefox, IE and Chrome all rolling until one of them showed me the ticket options so I could add to cart and purchase. Fortunately no one at work needed anything as I'd have to tell them to hold on. Didn't try for VIP parking this year since we're staying on the access road so we'll just grab the shuttle to/from.

TS
PisteOff

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
4 Super Fan Tickets purchased. That's a pair of grandstand tickets and a pair of Lift tickets for each of us!! :yahoo:

Sponsor

Staff online