• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Guy in Shorts

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
From the Killington Website they will be closed Friday due to rain. Only $20 to ski Saturday 11May.
  • We will not open for skiing and riding on Friday, May 10th
  • We will have a delayed opening on Saturday, May 11th at 9:00 a.m. to give our groomers extra time to complete the grooming plan given the cold temps forecasted for Friday night.
  • Our 200th Day Celebration has been moved to Saturday, be sure to join us for $20 lift tickets and free cake.

Honda118

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Was pretty good today - bumps were big by the PM - only Superstar open but some people going under ropes and walking the mud after Ovation.

TS
Guy in Shorts

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Killington 11-12 May Weekend
The Beast opened for 200 day this season on Saturday. $20 tickets brought out may that haven't skied in awhile. Beautifully groomed Superstar was transformed into a bumpers paradise making the most out of the soft corn. Sunday was repeat minus the sun. Superstar was the only open trail with many walking to Ovation or Skyelark/Bittersweet to get a break from the Superstar madness. Set-up camp both days at the bottom of the Superstar chair hosting tons of friends from the Killingtonzone and mags from TGR.

IMG_5588.jpg IMG_5597.jpg Ovation

Last edited:

LKLA

Out on the slopes
Skier
Killington and Leitner-Poma have been making fast progress on the North Ridge lift replacement. Leitner-Poma has already delivered significant portions of the new fixed grip quad set to take its place. The $2.2 million project will place the lift along the existing lift line.

Originally installed in 1972, the North Ridge Triple was a work horse, as it served Killington's opening day terrain. The parts from the Heron-Poma lift are now staged in parking areas for disposal or sale.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Killington 11-12 May Weekend
The Beast opened for 200 day this season on Saturday. $20 tickets brought out may that haven't skied in awhile. Beautifully groomed Superstar was transformed into a bumpers paradise making the most out of the soft corn. Sunday was repeat minus the sun. Superstar was the only open trail with many walking to Ovation or Skyelark/Bittersweet to get a break from the Superstar madness. Set-up camp both days at the bottom of the Superstar chair hosting tons of friends from the Killingtonzone and mags from TGR.

View attachment 73873 View attachment 73875 Ovation
Which ski did you find best for the SS bumps? I'm thinking Clydesdale-wise, you know. Short-turn radius or easy to pivot?

TS
Guy in Shorts

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Which ski did you find best for the SS bumps? I'm thinking Clydesdale-wise, you know. Short-turn radius or easy to pivot?
The Volkl M5 have been the daily driver for the past few weeks. Lots of different snow to play with before the soft bumps form. Easy to pivot for the win.

TS
Guy in Shorts

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
May 17,18 and 19 Killington Report
Soft spring corn weekend with lots of sun that broiled the snowpack as well as turning the skiers a shade of bright red. Blanket of early soft corn was transformed into a bumpers paradise. On the scale of rating May ski weekends this was near the top. Bump fans from all over the Northeast came out to play. Fun kicks into high gear next weekend as the Superstar chair is scheduled to run for four days.

Last run on Saturday
IMG_5625.jpg

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I might have to check that out. Need to decide whether to use my new boots which hurt breaking them in on moguls or adjusting the bindings for the old boots.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Trying to decide if I should get a Killington pass. Last fall we were occupied with condo stuff but in a normal winter I live at Killington early/late season. There's the IKON pass but I ski more than 5-7 days at K'ton so that's not a good option. I have until mid June to decide on the beast pass and can do a payment plan so that's an incentive. There's also express cards there but I'm not so sure that's a good deal. I could always get an express card and use that for the early season and then get my usual nor beaster pass for the spring.

Sponsor