• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I like that Killington is keeping a modern vibe and not catering to the faux Alpine, New England, or farmhouse look common at other resorts. I hope they continue this with other future improvements.

It's also nice that condo and townhouse development is mostly off mountain.

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
That new lodge plan looks nice. I may have to head down there to checkout Killington next winter.

Wannabeskibum

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
That new lodge plan looks nice. I may have to head down there to checkout Killington next winter.

Lodge won't be ready until the 2020-2021 season, but you can still come and check out Killington anyway!

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
We had fun at Killington today. Tunnels and 6 pack at Snowdon were cool. Upper Skylark is down to base ice but lower skylark is great. Bumped up lower something to the right of bittersweet was awesome. Runs off summit were fun. I was bummed triple was gone. We brought our lunch but bought a couple beers and tailgated a bit. Fun day. Praxis skis were unneeded, kenjas were perfect. Until tomorrow.

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
Lodge won't be ready until the 2020-2021 season, but you can still come and check out Killington anyway!

Figured as much. Haven’t been there since 99 or so and I’m sure a lot has changed since I’ve been there.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Killington was fun yesterday. Tis the time of year when everyone is at Killington so it's a bit of a reunion and chit chat fest. Ran into someone with whom we work at Bromley which was fun. Then rode up the chair with Pinnacle Jim and his adorable daughter. Then ran into @Guy in Shorts, Rich and their crew and took some runs with them and tailgated a bit. Some ski club friends who also knew Mark stopped by and well it was just a fun, social day. Oh yeah the skiing was good too. Slushy and fun, some ice mixed in the bumps but it was a good day!!!! Thinking about coming back up tomorrow afternoon/Wednesday as those will be bluebird/gorgeous days. This weekend looks sketchy but hoping forecast changes.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
OK, I couldn't resist googling:
From the Rutland Herald:
"... the male was parked in one of the lots for the Killington Skyeship Base Lodge, a gondola attached to Killington Ski Resort off Route 4. Montgomery said the male spent Sunday night asleep in his vehicle, and while he heard the rain, he didn’t realize the water was rising."

That's worse than getting plowed in or towed!

James

Out There
Instructor
Yeah the rain last night was of biblical proportions at times. As of now one can't go from Ludlow to Killington, Woodstock, or Rutland. Also Weston was flooded so not Londonderry, Stratton, Manchester etc.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Yeah the rain last night was of biblical proportions at times. As of now one can't go from Ludlow to Killington, Woodstock, or Rutland. Also Weston was flooded so not Londonderry, Stratton, Manchester etc.

Sounds like the aftermath of Irene - "Can't get there from here."

Wannabeskibum

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Killington was fun yesterday. Tis the time of year when everyone is at Killington so it's a bit of a reunion and chit chat fest. Ran into someone with whom we work at Bromley which was fun. Then rode up the chair with Pinnacle Jim and his adorable daughter. Then ran into @Guy in Shorts, Rich and their crew and took some runs with them and tailgated a bit. Some ski club friends who also knew Mark stopped by and well it was just a fun, social day. Oh yeah the skiing was good too. Slushy and fun, some ice mixed in the bumps but it was a good day!!!! Thinking about coming back up tomorrow afternoon/Wednesday as those will be bluebird/gorgeous days. This weekend looks sketchy but hoping forecast changes.
Sorry I missed you, I was at Breck for a long weekend of skiing

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Killington was actually nice today. 2-3 inches in the woods.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I so wanted to be there today. We are headed up Wednesday night. Hoping forecast changes but planning on skiing good Friday and Easter Sunday at this point. Hip to the Hops fat bike festival Saturday the 20th at magic.

Sponsor