• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Rod MacDonald

Getting off the lift
Skier
I guess it's just another case of American English versus actual English. Also note: just because it's widely used doesn't make it correct.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Also note: just because it's widely used doesn't make it correct.

Actually, given enough time and usage it does. That's how the language changes over time and why I don't speak like someone from the 1800's.

I'm guessing the reason BOGO is more prevalent than BOGOF is more pronunciation based than anything. I've always said it and heard it as "boe'-go". Nice and rhyme-y. Adding the F ruins that.

Given all that, I can be as annoyed and pedantic as anyone. "Irregardless" still drives me nuts, for instance, and I think that one is in the verge of being considered proper. It'll be another flammable/inflammable situation.

Last edited:

Rod MacDonald

Getting off the lift
Skier
Actually, given enough time and usage it does. That's how the language changes over time and why I don't speak like someone from the 1800's.

I'm guessing the reason BOGO is more prevalent than BOGOF is more pronunciation based than anything. I've always said it and heard it as "boe'-go". Nice and rhyme-y. Adding the F ruins that.

Given all that, I can be as annoyed and pedantic as anyone. "Irregardless" still drives me nuts, for instance, and I think that one is in the verge of being considered proper. It'll be another flammable/inflammable situation.
Itym "on the verge"

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I’m planning on taking short skication in early Dec. 2019. 4 nights and 3 ski days. What is the best / cheapest way to get 2 kids (12 and under) and 2 adults ski tickets. Could be a ski and stay combination. We are not planning on any other trips and our home ski area is not affiliated with any passes. Any thoughts? Thanks
Looks like you are a PA skier. Where do you ski regularly?

1chris5

Getting off the lift
Skier
Looks like you are a PA skier. Where do you ski regularly?
Blue during weekdays mostly. I think they finally opened up the full mountain this weekend. Looking for some nice skiing this week.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Blue during weekdays mostly. I think they finally opened up the full mountain this weekend. Looking for some nice skiing this week.
I've probably skied Blue Mtn more than any other Pocono resort, but now ski at Killington on a season pass. I don't know about great deals, sorry. For early season conditions, Killington and Mt Snow are hard to beat. We usually take our first trip north in early December to make it worth the drive. While I love Killington, Mt Snow might have a better layout for a family ski trip. There is some nice steep stuff on the north side, but mostly intermediate terrain on the main face. Everything except the parks can be accessed from the peak. Killington is really spread out and you can easily lose your party.

1chris5

Getting off the lift
Skier
I've probably skied Blue Mtn more than any other Pocono resort, but now ski at Killington on a season pass. I don't know about great deals, sorry. For early season conditions, Killington and Mt Snow are hard to beat. We usually take our first trip north in early December to make it worth the drive. While I love Killington, Mt Snow might have a better layout for a family ski trip. There is some nice steep stuff on the north side, but mostly intermediate terrain on the main face. Everything except the parks can be accessed from the peak. Killington is really spread out and you can easily lose your party.
Thanks, I’ll check out Mt. Snow as a destination also. I am looking for a great family destination.

PinnacleJim

Out on the slopes
Skier
Thanks, I’ll check out Mt. Snow as a destination also. I am looking for a great family destination.

Mt. Snow, Stratton and Okemo are all good family destinations. And Killington works well if you confine the kids to Snowshed, Rams Head and Snowdon. Plenty of easy terrain with two HS quads and the new bubble 6-pack. And don't forget Pico, probably the best family mountain in South-Central Vermont.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We finally made it to Sugarbush and it was worth it. Lots of moguls with just enough ice to get a nice grip. Best run of the day my daughter took a look at Stein's headwall and said no way so we proceeded to Egan's woods. Great snow in there.

Some groomed top to bottom blue trails for families too.

Last edited:

PinnacleJim

Out on the slopes
Skier
We finally made it to Sugarbush and it was worth it. Lots of moguls with just enough ice to get a nice grip. Best run of the day my daughter took a look at Stein's headwall and said no way so we proceeded to Egan's woods. Great snow in there.

Some groomed top to bottom blue trails for families too.

Glad you liked the Bush. I was a ski bum there back about 1970. Still had the 3 passenger gondola that went from the base to the top of Lincoln Peak - 2400 feet of vertical! And what is now called Mt. Ellen was a separately owned area called Glen Ellen. I go to the new base and I don't recognize it. Castlerock is unchanged however!

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I didn't mean to hijack the Killington thread, a little post superbowl head cold this morning. We're saving our kton days for the spring.

When I was younger some friends lived in Warren and I would visit and try to keep up. Great terrain but castlerock is sloooooow. I've been in a bind because I don't want to take my kids down slidebrook without remembering the route, but don't want to do it alone first.

James

Out There
Instructor
I've been in a bind because I don't want to take my kids down slidebrook without remembering the route, but don't want to do it alone first.
Pretty sure you can get a guide for that area from ski school.

Scrundy

I like beer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Heading up for Monday ski. How’s it skiing lately?
Any advice on what area to focus on for blue black runs ? Thinking of spending a lot of time in the Skyepeak area. Skied killington a number of times with the same guys and they usually stick to the Right of K-1, I plan on losing them in a hurry this time.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We arrive at Showshed by bus, often warm up on High Road, Cruise Control (blue) and hit Panic Button/Needle's Eye (black/blue) then move to Bittersweet (blue), Skyelark (blue/black), and Superstar (black) pod. Or jump over to Skyeburst (blue/black), Bear Claw (blue) and Wildfire (black). This works great on weekends and holidays for the high-speed quads and shorter lines compared to the gondolas, but Needle's Eye quad doesn't run weekdays. Highline (black) on Snowdon is an option after its easier blues if not fully occupied by the race team.

Scrundy

I like beer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We arrive at Showshed by bus, often warm up on High Road, Cruise Control (blue) and hit Panic Button/Needle's Eye (black/blue) then move to Bittersweet (blue), Skyelark (blue/black), and Superstar (black) pod. Or jump over to Skyeburst (blue/black), Bear Claw (blue) and Wildfire (black). This works great on weekends and holidays for the high-speed quads and shorter lines compared to the gondolas, but Needle's Eye quad doesn't run weekdays. Highline (black) on Snowdon is an option after its easier blues if not fully occupied by the race team.

Thanks, I have done some searching around for some kind of route to cover the mountain to no avail.
This helps a lot

Slide of Hans

Getting on the Red Chair
Skier
it doesn't seem too bad as was predicted earlier, like yesterday. I'm looking to head to either Pico or Hunter tomorrow so throw out any live update if you can! .