• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

James

Out There
Instructor
Hmm... those don't look like NE bumps... where are the deep troughs? Where are the rocks? Where are the random jagged shapes? Why do they look so ski-able?

Where did you really get that pic? :D
Note the bare spots on the trail across, the fog which is related to a liquid event lower down or nearby, the heavy clothing. It certainly isn't Utah. Either the bumps are still softish or they rock jard with a skim coat. Cascade gets good traffic so they might not be rock hard. However the overall grade was C+, so it wasn't nirvana or many laps would jave been made.

TS
Guy in Shorts

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Hmm... those don't look like NE bumps... where are the deep troughs? Where are the rocks? Where are the random jagged shapes? Why do they look so ski-able?

Where did you really get that pic? :D
Dreamy turns on Cascade a couple of days ago under the guns. They have been letting the snow drain since then. Should be back to it’s normal groomed state in the AM. Those bumps were a soft carving delight. The trail in the pic with the brown spots that @James made mention is Lower Royal Flush one our natural snow trails. It shows the snow loss on the non snow making trails and woods.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I missed my annual New Year's Day skiing for the first time since a no snow warm December in the Poconos some years ago. I took my first ski lesson on New Year's Day, so it has become a tradition. Unfortunately, more important family issues came up and I flew to Columbus on Dec. 28 from Albany. But our friends were there and thought the conditions improved every day, they left for home this morning.

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I assume they will be blowing a lot of snow to recover from the rain.

TS
Guy in Shorts

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Guy In Shorts 6 Jan Killington Conditions
Lots of fog to go with the lightly falling snow. Summit temperature of 22 degrees was warmer then last year on this date when the resort remained closed due to extreme cold. Fog thickness went from pea soup to fairly decent in a manner few feet at times. Groomed snow surface improved with the snow that fell thru out the day. Small turnout for a weekend ski day was a little surprising. Called it a day by early afternoon saving the legs for what looks to be a very wintery week in the mountains.

Grade B-

Quote of the Day - There isn’t anyplace on the East Coast I would rather be than right here.

Blue Bubble.jpg Blue Bubble Snowman.jpg Snowman Cascade (2).jpg Cascade

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I was there Saturday and Sunday and conditions were much better than I expected. Saturday was warmish with softer snow and Sunday was much colder, albeit not bad at all. Next weekend should be very good with the cold weather for snowmaking along with the a bit of natural. Unfortunately I will not be up then:(

Driving up on the ski club bus Friday night the thruway and all traffic was very light, so I knew the traffic on the mountain would be light. Apparently the weekend after the Holidays is a good week to go so I'll try to remember that in the future.

Petted up some super cute Lab and Doodle pups at the KBL, which made the day even better:)

One of these days we'll meet up for some turns GIS.

Wannabeskibum

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
It's been quiet here, everyone okay? We are driving up for a week tommorow.
Everyone is well - funky weather of late - snow, wind, cold, rain, freeze - typical New England. You will have a good week once mountain ops does some necessary grooming and refreshing

1chris5

Getting off the lift
Skier
I’m planning on taking short skication in early Dec. 2019. 4 nights and 3 ski days. What is the best / cheapest way to get 2 kids (12 and under) and 2 adults ski tickets. Could be a ski and stay combination. We are not planning on any other trips and our home ski area is not affiliated with any passes. Any thoughts? Thanks

Last edited:

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Killington has a bogo deal in the form of vouchers. You can find it in ski magazine or linked when you do a google search. Think the link is usually live sometime in October for the coming season. One BOGO voucher per email address so if you have a few email addresses then...... You just buy the daily walk up rate and you get another ticket for free. Walk up rate is usually $90 in early December so it works out to be $45 per ticket. The dates for these usually have a used by date of mid December.

Link looks like this

http://buy.killington.com/2for1ski/default.aspx?sourceid=skimag

Last edited:

Rod MacDonald

Getting off the lift
Skier
Killington has a bogo deal in the form of vouchers. You can find it in ski magazine or linked when you do a google search. Think the link is usually live sometime in October for the coming season. One BOGO voucher per email address so if you have a few email addresses then...... You just buy the daily walk up rate and you get another ticket for free. Walk up rate is usually $90 in early December so it works out to be $45 per ticket. The dates for these usually have a used by date of mid December.

Link looks like this

I know there's a separate thread on grammar pedantry, but nevertheless -

The acronym you're scrabbling for is BOGOF "buy one get one FREE" , not bogo, which means "buy one, get one" . Also known as just buy one.

1chris5

Getting off the lift
Skier

Link looks like this

So in your suggestion I need six email adresses to get a bogo voucher for each of the three days? Then my wife and I purchase two tickets each day and it’s @ $180 / day for four tickets or $540 for 3 days. That sounds reasonable to me.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier

The acronym you're scrabbling for is BOGOF "buy one get one FREE" , not bogo, which means "buy one, get one" . Also known as just buy one.

I wasn't scrabbling because it's still BOGO regardless of whether the F is after the BOGO. It's still buy one get one aka BOGO because you buy a lift ticket (BUY-B, ONE-O) and you get another lift ticket (GET-G, ONE-O) so regardless if the one is free, half price or whatever. Still buy one, get one.

Ha, how's that for pedantry!!!!

Last edited:

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
So in your suggestion I need six email adresses to get a bogo voucher for each of the three days? Then my wife and I purchase two tickets each day and it’s @ $180 / day for four tickets or $540 for 3 days. That sounds reasonable to me.

That's what we do. You sign each email address up and you'll get something emailed to you with a bar code and this is what you show to ticket office. No need to print out, just show your phone. Most people have as many email addresses, work, home, maybe a gmail, etc.

Rod MacDonald

Getting off the lift
Skier
I wasn't scrabbling because it's still BOGO regardless of whether the F is after the BOGO. It's still buy one get one aka BOGO because you buy a lift ticket (BUY-B, ONE-O) and you get another lift ticket (GET-G, ONE-O) so regardless if the one is free, half price or whatever. Still buy one, get one.

Ha, how's that for pedantry!!!!

There's no such thing as BOGO, except just as in " buy one lift ticket as normal"
It only becomes a thing when there' s a qualifier after the second "one".

Last edited by a moderator:

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
There's no such thing as BOGO, except just as in " buy one lift ticket as normal"
It only becomes a thing when there' s a qualifier after the second "one".
I worked in a grocery store for several years, and that chain had all kinds of BOGO deals that they advertised like that - "64 ounce Mott's Apple Juice - BOGO", etc. And it was buy one get one free.

I've seen BOGO lots of other places too, where it's Buy One, and Get One (i.e. you have two for the price of one). I'm not sure I've ever seen BOGOF in any ad or store.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier

Maybe he just doesn’t give a F.( sorry I couldn’t resist the silly response to your silly comment).

Sponsor

Staff online