• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

RikkiBobbi

Booting up
Skier
going to be in VT third weekend of December. Will probably be at Stowe for 2 days, should I try and make a third day at killington?

TS
Guy in Shorts

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Guy In Shorts Nov 17 Killington Report
Foggy gray start greeted the eager Saturday drove. Summit temperature of 25 degrees that felt warmer than the past few days. New snow this week made for some sweet soft packed powder turns. Trail count is climbing with Lower East Fall, Highline and Royal Flush al natural all open. First day of the Canyon Quad as it felt good to be sitting on my favorite chair. Few trees that we poked into were skiing quite nice. Snowdon triple proved to be a popular choice allowing the crowd to spread out across all the open terrain. Feel good being able to rip off some sets of steep turns.

Grade B+

Quote of the Day - The Canyon really makes Killington a special place.

Lower East Fall (6).jpg Lower East Fall Canyon Quad.jpg Canyon Quad Royal Flush (1).jpg Royal Flush

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Well, my season pass finally arrived on Friday! I guess since I got a refund for my broken ankle, they put me to the end of the list. Good thing I haven't needed it yet.:nono:

TS
Guy in Shorts

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Guy in Shorts 27 Nov Killington Report
Pulled truck into the unplowed parking spot jumping out into knee deep snow. Our best November in years continues to get better. Early day power issues interrupted the powder party for a little while. Summit temperature of 23 degrees with hard snow falling. Needed steep pitches to crush your way thru the powder. Everything in the Canyon was excellent. Groomers working hard across the closed terrain as the resort gets ready to open all the goods by the weekend. This snow will be be with us for a long time. Legs are toast as it takes a lot of work to float some weightless turns.

Grade A

Quote of the Day - Powder Days should always happen on Tuesdays.

Lower Downdraft.jpg Lower Downdraft Tree Time (1).jpg Tree Time Upper Ridge Run (2).jpg Upper Ridge Run

TS
Guy in Shorts

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Guy In Shorts Nov 28 Killington Report
Snowy November days are beginning to blend together. Storm total should exceed 2 feet as the summit temperature checked in at 23 degrees. Laps improved from awesome, to epic, to best natural snow turns in years. Rams head and Snowdon trails opened up with acres of untracked awaiting skiers. Northstar was a pillowy delight. Low Rider was as good as you will ever find it. New blue 6 pack chairs are making their way onto the cable with the new lift opening just days away. Skye Peak opens to public in the morning after hosting World Cup Racing. Needles and Bear may be online for the weekend. Last couple of chances for November turns coming up.

Grade A-

Quote of the Day - You just use so many more muscles when powder skiing.

Conculsion.jpg Conclusion Low Rider.jpg Low Rider Northstar.jpg Northstar

TS
Guy in Shorts

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Guy In Shorts Dec 1 Killington Report
Sunny top of the mountain brightness played against low hanging fog. Summit temperature of 32 on a day that never really warmed up, Soft snow conditions prevail across the mountain. Sweet soft piles of snow on Vertigo were pounded by snowboard horde that joined our posse for the day. First swing thru Skye Bits paving a few nice lines. Ovation is still a ice free delight. Feeling the leg powder muscles building everyday.

Grade B+

Quote of the Day - Best first day of the season ever.

Peaking Pico.jpg Peaking Pico Vertigo.jpg Vertigo Blue Heavean.jpg Blue Heaven

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Ah, they got the new gondi cabins up A. When I skied Killington in Oct. the old cabins were still running on the gondi.

Scrundy

I like beer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
How’s it looking? Sugar? Thinking of heading up that way. See you lost trail count
Thanks

TS
Guy in Shorts

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
How’s it looking? Sugar? Thinking of heading up that way. See you lost trail count
Thanks
The five amazing days last week that left us two feet of snow ended on Saturday. Rain turned to ice then cold freezing everything up. Trail count is down as many of the natural trails that where open are closed for now. Conditions have been improving since Tuesday. Snowmakers and groomers are attacking the mountain. Bear mountain Lodge and Skye Peak Quad come on line Saturday. Lightly snowing today. Yes lots of winter sugar to be found.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
First day of the season today and I was stiff! Got more of a flow later in the day until the legs said they were thirsty for a beer. Visited the scene of the crime - Cruise Control - where I broke my ankle in January. Five inches of fresh snow made the ungroomed more fun!

wgo

Getting off the lift
Skier
I'll be up there for the first time in 2 weeks. Really appreciate the first-hand reports!

TS
Guy in Shorts

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Guy In Shorts 7 Dec Killington Report
Snowing to kick off the 50th day of the early season. Summit temperature 12 degrees on a day that stayed cold and wintery. Fluffy five inches of goose down blower covered the very solid base. Was surprised the used Stockli SC’s that I picked up a month ago loved the powder. After a decade of riding wide skis the 72CM under foot racers were a ball. Lower angle trees were delightful. Afternoon run on Lower Royal Flush was soft fun. Run down the Flume was least favorite of the day.

Grade B+

Quote of the Day- Last quiet day for Snowdon.

Upper Ridge Run (3).jpg Upper Ridge Run Lower Rime (1).jpg Lower Rime Panic Button (1).jpg Panic Button

James

Out There
Instructor
That^ only gets a B+ ?. Some trails must have been C-.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January