• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England Killington 19/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Rest of our week was a mixed bag like everyone in NE. Wednesday was a bluebird day.
WBHchh1oqpCw6jpWGODMTTe0WvpKHNPopNbsofr-KFhojrTq9izuIRUlJw9xhre2LocBvHeZKbLlel6_rbIOyT364IPXEUGg4NuZbMSWcTedrrgxx0ryRS1QaecCClk2q-GDRqrDK3gz_cFiuepV6x5aRFlm7OzVuFjEt1JXJtuOmRiyuzBrA83UMgKVilu5UgKGhwYpRwK0JrFNcuUZaxv0KmQzFcHE_HbccF35O4aS2MyYiuVmi60j8ywfoXaXZ3n1NA_EfxNzJ6gb2UtuwcDMFWvKOSK3H4LIWqqjPBI5M5Bmua00q3oVU29RHuhK93VdXrfj8wgfd9kl8X0o4o9MhDdZ_y4q0i6BXCKPPGswiLyWxiIXoSrbgP0E10PFjUJ5epC9-RFaS2mBgKl4YDNwoeJB2nY7t8nED4Qx_fM8o_hRHEfxu-PJ6v5vcVd0xvDoNRYaOl7p7KsmT1jIeZmlKEezkTUdJNAhfUSzl9tUZr6QNypKqEhvySrzpu7uP5zgix8MbimTvrBOgAyVmBTRL9wOm9IiiNIXKz1pY2bi-K70pKOepIZJ5eVsWNSpJt_iHw5CgZwFUhiUAiu9YTuGvjPf2e07hyDLeWwuNmJE1Zdp3Gh2wMY24dba3-pMYNvJErkLGLzBhRcV7ndpwPj4jn_0Z6YQqCYYmFEFyt4kekrIEEIEaA=w1920-h617-no

Bunny Buster Panorama
Friday afternoon turned fun when the snow started to fall. This run was after last chair at 4.
RA3XgQsqreLvCb1qgFNypk8OuUQWpB5UMETlE4eKr2dKlKMSjuN4hIyGGntf3Bz3STwfqzjCtvDQUOpe_alrx23nW0WWIOVpc-2BpMZdbb5HQFfvyRYiwPqmsoc7G3GcXMdbEXO9NbVWTn3A_Ar-DzrsRWj5APr6Tf2REawFyLlmPWSetUVGaGOO8A_KQ-x2v1sAPuyfCg6oXdQV5emMmcm8kyXqr7khRpBgtH4RPaCi5_ntRkrrd4AC8iGVmAuhnHzQRhqyDhGA8SU1_jNbYR-OeThH4ZYWnifhWqZmQSt2Tjt7gSX7vtRydyi8igEnnDuctnCPJv-P-M6TwaEO5iVBHYU1NUCnhpub-cwaPIZLNWNCOh49Gcr4PXvCQKdMGYj-Y604Nf6t3HK95aQ1pjS2XOjJH_Uwuf2veTS8QyWe6o7IFj63-PKzyrbVfEoozXMxPIkgvRnvClMsMFKZY87ZEHsMiSSPyXpDQmrrjgJ45Ed-LIDwucX65scLYemw9nFQ8mvvt3jMF5GS2O6DOsRTLZvy4z2mmtjatDqPV5eMpxqSDkkrPVBqv-mJzVh4qgCTboiW8nuU63EITZNbWYcPx8uKxxgtYGKJmnzXp6JAsjtX0AqXI2SMsAKP4srMLxB6yJCD8pQWNU_8Pcy04Gek4G_3R_lgwzhulvi1LXeZpYRCeMirtA=w1185-h915-no

Highline
Pictures aren't showing for me.

TS
Guy in Shorts

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
February 10 marked the 100th day of lift operation this season at Killington. With more than half the season in the rearview mirror time to kick this very average year into gear for the second half. The cold settled in for the month of November with a successful fourth Women's World Cup race at the end of the month. First of three major warm rain events hit us early in December resulting in a seesaw winter since. Too many days in shorts mean a mild winter so far. Looking for a snowy finish for the season.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
February 10 marked the 100th day of lift operation this season at Killington. With more than half the season in the rearview mirror time to kick this very average year into gear for the second half. The cold settled in for the month of November with a successful fourth Women's World Cup race at the end of the month. First of three major warm rain events hit us early in December resulting in a seesaw winter since. Too many days in shorts mean a mild winter so far. Looking for a snowy finish for the season.
Hopefully for this weekend? We're bringing our PA friends with us, they want a good time! I know President's weekend and good time don't mix, but the husband is a school teacher with limited days off. Oh, and he's a snowboarder that also skis. Funny, he always picks the snowboard when he is with us, but occasionally skis with his wife.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I uploaded using the URL feature in the Insert Image menu. I thought this was supposed to be fool proof. I can still see them, anyone else have a problem? @Dwight?
Looks like you copied URL from Google Photos. Is it marked public?

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
No, lol, I thought the upload would make it public. What is the most reliable way to upload images?
The most reliable is to download photo and then Attach Files.

Now from Google photos you need to click on the google photo to enlarge it. Then right click on it and select Copy Image Address.
Then put that URL address into
1581457000844.png

That should work, but only if you allow people to see your photos outside of google login.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Pictures aren't showing for me.
The most reliable is to download photo and then Attach Files.

Now from Google photos you need to click on the google photo to enlarge it. Then right click on it and select Copy Image Address.
Then put that URL address into
View attachment 93375

That should work, but only if you allow people to see your photos outside of google login.
I think I fixed it.

TS
Guy in Shorts

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
12 Feb 20 Killington Report
Top hat cloud clung to very peaks of the mountain tops as bright sun drove away the gray of the past few days. Batch of Korey hugs to start off the day with the summit temperature sitting at 26 degrees. Excitement of ski bum Wednesday built as Highline is our trail for the day. Our 82 year old racer Jack went down rounding the first gate. Bouncing back onto his feet competed the course no problem. He is my current hero. Couple of inches powder of fresh felt amazing as it sprayed across my bare legs. Too bad most other skiers will never get to experience this thrill. Great day that had everyone out on the hill.

Grade B+

Quote of the Day - Think I'll try going fast this time as going slow hasn't worked out.

IMG_7018.jpg IMG_7039.jpg

TS
Guy in Shorts

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
25Feb20 Pico Report
Pico Takeover for VT Adaptive Ski & Sports was our plan. Warm cloudy nice springlike weather made for a perfect fundraising kind of day. Grabbed a pair of Parlor Cardinal 102's from the demo tent to attach to the feet. Freshly tuned skis carved deep arcs in the soft snow. Sticky snow on the flats sent us seeking out all the steeps. Upper Giant Killer had a correct pitch to make some good turns. Beer sampling, lunch, expo and some Meier High Noon demos for the afternoon. All too soon it was time for the group picture and celebrate raising over 5 grand.

Spring Grade B

Quote of the Day - Pico Pico all day now.

IMG_7103.jpg Pico Peak Lodge IMG_7105.jpg Giant Killer IMG_7114.jpg Expo

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I'm sure it's not their fault, but we also had sticky snow last year when went over to ski Pico. Warm springish day, so we bailed early. Need to go back and explore the whole mountain.

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'll be skiing Saturday and Sunday up there and one of those days will be at Killington.

TS
Guy in Shorts

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
5March20 Killington Report
Lots of sunshine worked past the puffy morning clouds. Thin covering of new snow helped to soften the underlaying hard surface. Found one of the super cool auger drills on the seat of the Snowdon Bubble. I asked Ski Patrol if they lost one. Wasn't their's and suggested that I check with race crew. Felt like auger man skiing down to Highline handing off the weapon to Hannah's Dad at the top of the mogul course. Popped up to the peak with the temperature checked in at 22 degrees. Headed off to Bear to rack up a few sun softened laps. Played on the safer side of the Superstar spine with ice on ungroomed side looking rather evil. All too soon had to pull boot and drive to Pico for a unscheduled bonus race day.

Grade C+

Quote of the Day - That is one of the best race surfaces of the year.

IMG_7144.jpg Gateway IMG_8048.jpg Auger Man in Shorts IMG_7154.jpg Lower Superstar

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
I’m planning on heading up next weekend. I may do a SB/KTON split weekend depending on who’s around and where they want to ski. I’ll most likely be staying in Rutland. Message me if you want to make some turns together.

TS
Guy in Shorts

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Back in my happy place after vacation.

IMG_7209.jpg With skins IMG_7220.jpg Uphill 60675874197__29A095DF-E91F-444F-B840-95FD12EAC225.jpg Social Distance

Reactions: BC.
Status
Not open for further replies.