• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England Killington 19/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Dog

Its all downhill from here..
Skier
Thinking about heading up there tomorrow (monday). Did anyone go up there today, just curious how much rain they got?

TS
Guy in Shorts

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
GIS 27Nov19 Killington Report
Glimpses of the sun lost out to the building clouds in what may be our last soft snow springlike day for awhile. Summit temperature of 34 degrees greeted my knees with my feet warmly tucked into heated boots. Final preps for the weekend race kept the crowd of workers busy. Thanked Herwig Demschar for bringing this incredible race to Vermont. Soft groomed runs were the best with Lower East Fall getting it's first groom of the year. Ski Patrol were out playing early season reindeer games. Looking forward to hosting the skiing world for a couple of days of Women's World Cup fun.

Grade B

Quote of the Day - Soft snow makes angulation easy on the knees.

IMG_6427.jpg World Cup IMG_6416.jpg Ski Patrol Drills IMG_6430.jpg Lower East Fall

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Well, my first day of the season will be on Thursday! We are driving up on Wednesday afternoon/evening, then will be there through Monday. I'll drop the wife at the train station in Rutland on the way out of town, she has business meetings for two days in NYC. Back to the R&D salt mines for myself. I'm hoping they get Highline open by the time we get there and the Superstar pod softened up after the WC treatment.

TS
Guy in Shorts

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
GIS 3Dec19 Killington Report
Clearing weather following the storm that left nearly a foot of snow. Windblown snowy peak with the temperature stuck at 20 degrees. So many highlights with top to bottom Royal Flush on of the early hits. Skiing on the steep nats was like playing rock, paper, scissors with an opponent that is always rock. Paper, paper, paper, paper, Doh scissors. Best snow day of our early season. Top to Bottom guns on Great Bear. Downdraft from the headwall was my pick of the day. Lower Conclusion is filling in nicely.

Grade A-

Quote of the Day - My I-Phone isn't turning on my boot heaters.

IMG_6494.jpg Conclusion IMG_6484.jpg Downdraft IMG_6486.jpg
Ridge Run

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Back from my first trip to Killington. Best opening of a season ever with 6" fresh on both Thursday and Friday, and the weekend was not too busy! Spent a lot of time on ungroomed terrain. Most fun run was Vagabond to my surprise. Nice soft bumps. Ridge Run was not as pretty, but manageable. East Fall was in good shape, but Superstar was still in WC recovery mode and littered with ice cookies. Stopped in to say hi to @Guy in Shorts , his wife and friends at their usual tailgate.

TS
Guy in Shorts

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Just back from this hospitable resort :daffy:

The run names were almost entirely covered by snow.
This Canadian Zorro took a break to clean some with his pole.

View attachment 86340

I cannot help but reading it 'Concussion' :)
Love the rime ice that coats everything on the North Ridge. Cieaning the rime off the chairs most mornings is our ritual. Cleaning the rime off the Rime sign can be your ritual.

TS
Guy in Shorts

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
I'm torn about next weekend with the uncertain forecast. More rain or a big snow storm? Demo day on Saturday...
FREESKIER BUYERS GUIDE LIVE DEMO TOUR
On Saturday, December 14, 2019, we’re taking the Buyer’s Guide to the next level with a demo tour stop at Killington Resort that enables you to get a real feel for our Editors’ Picks. This Free demo will allow you to click into the skis from this year’s Buyer’s Guide and then rock out at a FREESKIER après party with gear giveaways, drink specials and much more.
Look for the FREESKIER crew outside of the Umbrella Bar at the base area of Killington. We’ll have an assortment of our favorite skis from the 2020 FREESKIER Buyer’s Guide on-site for you to try out for your own, as well as reps from each of the brands to answer any questions you may have. Libations at the K1 Lodge to follow!
This years brands include 4FRNT, Amalgam, Atomic, Dynastar, Faction, Fischer, Icelantic, J Skis, K2, Line, Parlor, Rossignol, Salomon, and Volkl. Stay tuned as there are more brands to come!
SCHEDULE
  • Registration - 8:30 a.m.
  • Demo - 9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. (No skis given out after 2:45 p.m.)
  • après Party - 3:30 - 6:00 p.m with the Chris Palutto Trio at Mahogany Ridge inside K1 base lodge

TS
Guy in Shorts

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
GIS 11Dec19 Killington Report
Exiting storm clouds gave way to bright sunshine. Summit temperature of 11 degrees on a day were not much melting will occur. Fantasy first five weeks of the season has given way to a nice winter freeze. Classes of race campers seemed to enjoy the hard groomed surface. Surprising enough we found the un-groomed surface the better choice. The end of the storm left a little less than a inch of snow that made a huge difference. Great Bear was the run of the day. Very happy to see a work crew removing the fallen trees off Lower section.

Grade C

Quote of the Day - Someone forget to shake up the snow globe.

IMG_6595.jpg Lower Great Bear IMG_6590.jpg Goat Path IMG_6582.jpg Bunny Buster

Last edited:

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
FREESKIER BUYERS GUIDE LIVE DEMO TOUR
On Saturday, December 14, 2019, we’re taking the Buyer’s Guide to the next level with a demo tour stop at Killington Resort that enables you to get a real feel for our Editors’ Picks. This Free demo will allow you to click into the skis from this year’s Buyer’s Guide and then rock out at a FREESKIER après party with gear giveaways, drink specials and much more.
Look for the FREESKIER crew outside of the Umbrella Bar at the base area of Killington. We’ll have an assortment of our favorite skis from the 2020 FREESKIER Buyer’s Guide on-site for you to try out for your own, as well as reps from each of the brands to answer any questions you may have. Libations at the K1 Lodge to follow!
This years brands include 4FRNT, Amalgam, Atomic, Dynastar, Faction, Fischer, Icelantic, J Skis, K2, Line, Parlor, Rossignol, Salomon, and Volkl. Stay tuned as there are more brands to come!
SCHEDULE
  • Registration - 8:30 a.m.
  • Demo - 9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. (No skis given out after 2:45 p.m.)
  • après Party - 3:30 - 6:00 p.m with the Chris Palutto Trio at Mahogany Ridge inside K1 base lodge
Unfortunately, not happening this year.

TS
Guy in Shorts

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
GIS 18Dec19 Killington Report
Bright light at the start of the day gave way to predicted snow squalls. Summit temperature checked in at 14 degrees. Half foot of new snow over the past couple days has done wonders to heal the mountain. Carving the silk from the guns on Highline was intoxicating. Little sad the trail was not ready to host the Ski Bum race today. Expected groom on Great Bear has occurred to the joy of my wife and her new knee.
Good sized mid week crowd had me questioning is nothing sacred anymore. Happy holiday hugs were passed around as friends holiday travel plans kick in.

Grade B-

Quote of the Day - Great day for Jamaican some snow.

IMG_6631.jpg Highline IMG_6640.jpg Lower Great Bear IMG_6643.jpg Lower Cruise Control

TS
Guy in Shorts

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Five laps for the cold to penetrate our group. One on Superstar and four on the bubble. At minus 30, 40 or 50 great day to test your cold weather weapons.

Brad J

Out on the slopes
Skier
Where is all that new Fencing ??? have no clue where Great Bear is , I guess I have lost a little memory since 84 the last year I had a K pass

PinnacleJim

Out on the slopes
Skier
Where is all that new Fencing ??? have no clue where Great Bear is , I guess I have lost a little memory since 84 the last year I had a K pass
Great Bear is off Chute on Snowdon, heading down to the gulley between Snowdon and Rams Head. The fencing is from a new tunnel where Great Bear now goes over Great Northern. Check the online trail map!

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
I'm wrestling with whether or not to head up there this weekend. My usual threshold for doing the drive is ~50% open. It looks like they should be close but I'm not sure if it's worth burning Ikon days for the current conditions. I suppose I could split the weekend between with Sugarbush on Saturday or even Stratton on Sunday to save my K days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online