• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England Killington 19/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks for the encouragement. The hip feels fine most of the time, but once in a while it feels funky.

QueueCT

Getting off the lift
Skier
Beautiful weekend weather wise, stupid crowded on the slopes even though lifts and gondola were empty. Always tough on the weekend with limited terrain. Goal was pre-season training to get race legs going for my daughter and that mission was accomplished but we wasted a lot of time skiing to the bottom of the Snowdon lifts through masses of people. I really miss the surface lift on Bunny Buster. Saw a few minor collisions where people got over terrained at the bottom of Great Northern rather than taking the new tunnel bypass.

Snow got thin in a number of places so I have serious work to do on edges. Any day of skiing is fun but we bailed at about noon on Sunday.

mister moose

Instigator
Skier
Ok, it's been a decade or two since I skied Killington more than a few days a year, but [Mendon Boomerang]? :huh:

Here you go. Juggernaut (now Jugger-not), Solitude, Sassafrass, and part of Bear Cub are all in Mendon. If you look closely, you will see the tip of Great Northern (Ex Goat Path) that is in Mendon. Mendon.jpg

Another interesting factoid - Pico, while on the other side of the pass, lies within Killington. How many towns in the US can boast of two ski areas with a 2,000 ft vertical or more?

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Another interesting factoid - Pico, while on the other side of the pass, lies within Killington. How many towns in the US can boast of two ski areas with a 2,000 ft vertical or more?

Thanks for the map!

Another interesting factoid: the town of Killington had another name till 1999.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Another interesting factoid: the town of Killington had another name till 1999.

Well, from 1800 until 1999. Prior to 1800 (starting in 1761) it was called Killington. (Yeah, I just looked that up... no chance I just knew that.)

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, from 1800 until 1999. Prior to 1800 (starting in 1761) it was called Killington. (Yeah, I just looked that up... no chance I just knew that.)
Well, I remember it being Sherburne. You'll have to ask @KingGrump if you want first-hand info about skiing before 1800...

TS
Guy in Shorts

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
GIS 19Nov19 Killington Report
Quiet little ole Northeaster rained down some biggest snowflakes of the early season. Summit temperature of 30 degrees with the snow piling higher all morning. Film crew for Halley O'Brien was shooting some footage. Without the race clubs the mountain would have been totally empty for the first powder day of the season. Thick moisture laden blanket of workingman's powder gave the legs muscles some real exercise. Laps off Snowdon had a Full House beating out a Royal Flush. Earned a shoutout from the lift for ripping run on Rime.

Grade B+

Quote of the Day - Somedays the powder runs last for hours.

IMG_6328.jpg Big Flakes IMG_6323.jpg Empty Trails IMG_6317.jpg Shooting Film

MarkP

Saturday, and Saturday, and Saturday...
Skier
looking good up there. Time to prep gear for a trip to test my new hip soon.

Looking forward to hearing how you do your first day back. I got my first runs on my new hip this past Friday and I'm still smiling.

SkiSpeed

Getting off the lift
Skier
Early AM 11/21: Standing in the Shadow of Superstar and a pic of Mountain Ops staff loading up the injection equipment.
Mid-Morning: Inspection of the Mendon Boomerang
Late Afternoon: Groomers prepping Superstar
Great day on the hill: Blue Sky and Fun Snow

7479D996-1A3B-4D0B-AB73-CD997A844FC7.jpeg 5B76B4F6-6438-4473-9E10-DBDF6CFC852E.jpeg 24C29170-F5A8-412F-9B66-A6503BF24143.jpeg 52BA9AB9-BDF8-4905-AD8C-68855527989C.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online