• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England Killington 19/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
In MA construction never stopped but we are #4 in cases.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Ogg,
Are you worried about giving it or getting it, or the stigma of an out of state person

Not sure what you mean by vector
"Vector" in this case means a carrier who infects others. So he's afraid that if he has it, travelling to Killington could spread it to others. He would then be the "vector" that spread the virus more.

It's not actually often used to refer to people - usually it's other animals/insects/parasites/etc. The most common use of vector is probably referring to mosquitos, which are the vector for several human illnesses. But with COVID-19 and humans, we often see people referred to as vectors, particularly if one person was responsible for a larger spread. Here's a good page:

sparty

Out on the slopes
Skier
I don’t know why they won’t be able to continue at some point. Stay at home orders are set to expire May 15 in VT.
VT is in good shape. Bringing in people from NY, MA, and CT is a different story.
I'm guessing the biggest concern is the same as with lift projects that have been delayed at several resorts--if they demo the old facility and then things take a turn for the worse, triggering more restrictions or supply chain issues or what have you, then you have to get through next year without that facility or the replacement.

James

Out There
Instructor
The VT gov would have to change his tune about “outsiders” coming for Killington to open. Unless it’s like locals only, whatever that means. Most of the ski industry wouldn’t exist with locals only.

————-
The governor said that every time he talks about asking visitors not to come to Vermont, he stresses the importance of not turning that directive into an excuse to create an "us-versus-them" scenario.
————————
That’s exactly what it does though.

Don’t see how he would open skiing without changing that.

TS
Guy in Shorts

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
GIS 15May20 Killington Report
Snagged some takeout seafood from Caseys Caboose heading up to the looming white snowpack for dinner. Sun filled afternoon where temps climbed into the 70's had given way to late day looming thunderstorm clouds. Under any normal year this would be the time to pack up the truck after logging in one of the most amazing soft mogul bumping days of the season. The reason I ski hard all year is to have the legs and skills for days like this. Silky smooth Superstar sat there unloved instead slowly melting away. Drove slowly down the access road as the summer r*in started to fall.

IMG_7358.jpg

TS
Guy in Shorts

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Is skinning up allowed?
Mountain is closed with no up hill travel. Vermont State police do a daily drive thru. Local constable has been giving folks a verbal warning and writing down names. Gave up skinning weeks ago.

James

Out There
Instructor
Snagged some takeout seafood from Caseys Caboose heading up to the looming white snowpack for dinner. Sun filled afternoon where temps climbed into the 70's had given way to late day looming thunderstorm clouds. Under any normal year this would be the time to pack up the truck after logging in one of the most amazing soft mogul bumping days of the season. The reason I ski hard all year is to have the legs and skills for days like this. Silky smooth Superstar sat there unloved instead slowly melting away. Drove slowly down the access road as the summer r*in started to fall.

View attachment 102405
Wow, that looks good.
May 16, 2015-
4BD4144B-5C80-43D1-B99A-A89D82AA98B2.jpeg
268FDAE7-5909-4DED-8D13-720EB1B2AD87.jpeg
463D92D3-4591-4349-A68A-00BC1720116D.jpeg

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

View attachment 102405
What is the reddish-brown thing on the right?

TS
Guy in Shorts

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
What is the reddish-brown thing on the right?
That is the Killington Mountain School aerial training with air bag landing. We do produce some World Class mogul athletes like Hannah Soar and Alex Lewis.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Well, I went ahead and bought our season passes for next year. I had the pass and K-ticket vouchers burning a hole in my pocket and the pass guarantee , so why not support Killington now and get the discount? Now I need to think about replacing my old Elans with some new all mtn daily drivers. I'll keep the Elans for early season adventures on Vagabond and such.

James

Out There
Instructor

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Very unfortunate for those who are ill and for return to normalcy in general. We just arent there yet. The good thing is that there are protocols in place whereas the biogen event in boston spread the virus to 20,000 from feb to may in Massachusetts alone.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Note, the 20-21 Killington thread is here, and this thread is being locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online