• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Keeping Up With Mike Hattrup

Willy

aka Goldmember
Industry Insider
Mike Hattrup grew up in Seattle, skiing and competing in freestyle in the area. As a young man, he found his way into professional mogul skiing and Squaw Valley. It was there that he found his road to fame with Scott Schmidt and Glen Plake when they starred in the seminal big-mountain movie, the "Blizzard of AAHHH's". Many skiers will tell you that that movie changed skiing for them, and changed their lives, all for the better. What's happened with Mike since Blizzard is that he was forever changed by the big mountains of Europe. However, he still lives in the U.S. and is settled in Sun Valley where he and his wife are raising their son and daughter. Peak Media caught up with Mike and his son, Axel on Baldy last winter. This is their story of why, while still guiding in the Alps and elsewhere, they call Sun Valley home.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I love Hattrup! Thanks for sharing.
:)

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I have Mike Hattrup on my list for the REtroSPECT Gallery.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
One day maybe I'll ski as well as his kid skis now ...

TS
Willy

Willy

aka Goldmember
Industry Insider
^^ Yes, Axel's a good little skier. That may or may not have something to do with who's coaching him... just sayin'.

Sponsor