• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
These skis shouldn't need an introduction. They have a mystique, and its deserved. The smoothness and ride is better than almost any other ski. They are extremely well made and hold up beautifully over time. I have taken care of these skis and they are in tip top shape. They have a SKIMD base base grind with a high performance tune. These have the Head racing plate binding (not sure the model) that is fully adjustable. I am a big buy, and I have found I like them best at -1.5cm back from the factory line. It quiets the tip and doesn't cost much quickness at all. These skis are not as stiff as a race ski, a very nice all mtn flex that makes the skis comfortable in bumps and off piste. These skis have a 20m radius, so they are on the GS side of turn shape. They make beautiful medium and large radius turns. If you like a race ski feel, but don't want the stiffness, these are perfect. The tail carves a nice turn and the tips are forgiving and won't beat you up. They make a great hard snow daily driver. At 240lbs, I am too heavy for these skis to be a great all mtn ski. For me they are an excellent front side ski. A lot of lighter folks will find these perform great as an all mtn ski for the East coast, at least. If you always wanted to own a Kastle, without breaking the bank, and are a decent sized skier, these are the skis.

asking $225 plus shipping from Boston.

upload_2019-4-24_23-34-21.png IMG_20190409_193903589.jpg IMG_20190409_193911583.jpg IMG_20190409_193917713.jpg IMG_20190409_193922211.jpg IMG_20190409_193947868.jpg IMG_20190409_193952702.jpg IMG_20190409_193957898.jpg IMG_20190409_194003024.jpg

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
If I weren't buying something much more expensive these would be a perfect addition. Tell me about how they handle the moguls.......6 feet 180 lbs (175 as of this am, don't know where that extra 5 suddenly came from).

TS
ScottB

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I like them in moguls for two reasons. The front of the ski is a medium stiffness. It is comfortable to aim through the trough and up the face of the mogul. Then real easy to carve a turn over the top. The tails don't slide, so you need to ski a more carving style through the bumps. I don't think twice about small, well spaced bumps. My frame of reference is volkswagen size irregular bumps.

The second reason is these are not 100+mm wide skis, so their narrowness makes them easier to cut and pivot, or throw around and maneuver. These were my hard snow skis that I would take into bumps.

Your not as big as me, (6'4", 240lbs) so these will feel longer to you, but I predict you will like them in bumps. Mostly due to them not being super stiff, but still a great carver. They won't feel like a really soft, narrow focused bump ski, but they will carve awesome on the groomers compared to the soft bump ski. They have a relaxed mode, you don't have to be on them all the time. Per Dawgcatching, they do what you want, when you tell them to. They don't react on their own when you don't want them to. That applies to how they ski bumps as well.

I don't have a soft mogul ski. I do occasionally take my race skis (slalom mostly) into bumps and it is a whole nother experience compared to the MX 78. My shins take a beating and I really have to watch I don't hook up an edge and hurt myself.

TS
ScottB

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
bump

Still for sale. If you wanted to try a Kastle, these are a good low cost entry ski.

Chef23

Getting on the lift
Skier
I am 6’ 200lbs do you think these would be too big? I come from 210 cm gs skis and have always liked a bit longer ski. I have a set of Head iRallys in 177 and would like something with a bit more power.

If your other deal falls through let me know. I live in MetroWest and could arrange a pickup. I would need a remount and have to figure out how to sneak these past the wife.

TS
ScottB

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Chef,

These would work fine for you. They have adjustable bindings, no remount needed. I will let you know if they become available again

Sponsor