• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

For Sale Kastle FX96HP 180cm with Attack2 13 AT Demo

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
!!! SOLD !!!

... that was quick test ;)
I picked these up here a couple weeks ago, and had the seller ship them to my hotel in Rutland VT last week. I then had Northern Ski Works install brand-new Attack2 13 AT Demo bindings. These skis came to me Flat, and had previously been mounted for Marker Jesters at 306, and skied 2 days before being sent to me. I skied them for probably 5-6 hours max over 3 days this past week at Killington in a variety of conditions. Bases and edges are naturally great, with just a few scuffs on the tail, but the top-sheet cosmetics really hide any scuffs / scrapes. Overall build quality is excellent IMO. I have given the edges some laps with my Diamond Stones and a fresh coat of Purl Purple, so they are ready to go for the next owner.

What don't I like about them ? In a nutshell they were a bit heavy and a bit stiff , and worked better for me with a bit of speed. My benchmark for ease of skiing, for how I ski, are my older Stormrider 97 177cm. I weighed both this morning and the SR97 mounted with older Attack Demos weighed in at 13 lbs, while the FX96HP with Attack2 Demos weighed in at 14.5 lbs. FWIW I didn't get along with the FX95HP 181 either, but the new FX96HP has a different shape and no metal, so I thought I'd give the latest revision a go. It's not that the FX's were bad, it's just that I like my SR97 better. Choice is a wonderful thing ! FYI I'm 5'9" 170 lbs, 53 yo.

Price: $650 $US, mailing included to USA
Payment via Paypal Friends & Family, or $675 via normal Paypal
Unfortunately mailing skis from Canada to US costs a LOT these days -> about $90 $US

Cheers ~ Andy

0.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Third time a charm? Someone needs to find a proper home for these...at this point I am sure they are feeling a bit of displacement.

TS
ARL67

ARL67

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The Kastle orange matched my ski jacket and my Atomic boots -> I never looked so good !

Well at least they now have a decent new Demo-binding on them, so no more holes required.

FlyingAce

Out on the slopes
Skier
I just bought a pair for my husband over the holidays and he loves them so much he has over 20 days on them already!

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
You're tempting me as well, Andy. Can anyone here compare these to my FX94's, and describe the differences?

TS
ARL67

ARL67

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^ you should be tempted at the "local cash pickup price" I'd give you ;)
But I remind you, you have and like your Endurance 98 , so not sure where these would fit, other than having another competent and pretty face in your quiver..

The FX96 are really nothing like the FX94 in shape or construction. Just like the the FX95 was nothing like the FX94. Your FX94 is 176 , the FX95 you "would" have owned would have been 181, and these FX96 are 180 , so there is some length discrepancy even in taking into account the rocker. I really liked my FX94 at the time, only sold it to try something else.

Phil commented here:
... "The new FX96 HP takes the best of the previous FXs: it has the precision of the FX94 and the playfulness and ease of the FX95 HP, and really you cannot ask for more that ... "
https://www.pugski.com/threads/philpugs-2020-reviews-90-99mm-skis.15446/

Ski Essentials Review:

All that said, I am at Blue this Wednesday with my wife, and most likely Friday again solo. You are welcome to try them -> Hey didn't we have this conversation on my former SR83 ? Send me an email direct and let me know if I should scrape the wax off them. :thumb:

TimF

Putting on skis
Skier
I was going to demo these next week in CO but bought Bobalooski's 2019 SR 95's. Hmm. Still would like to try them AND THE J Skis Masterblaster, Mindbender 99Ti, Volkl Mantra 102 and others of course.

TS
ARL67

ARL67

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Congrat's on the SR95. I haven't been on the SR95 since my carbon tipped version, which was a bit long at 183cm for me. I'd still like to try the latest iteration in 175.

Last edited:
TS
ARL67

ARL67

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^ bump .... just back from my Austria trip but did not take the FX96HP with me, so they are still in the condition as in Post #1. Price lowered to $650 shipped via Paypal F&F

TS
ARL67

ARL67

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
*** Skis are Sale-Pending Pickup ***

Last edited:
TS
ARL67

ARL67

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Skis still available

My Sale-Pending Local Hot-Buyer went dark on me, WTF.
Local Buy & Sells are such a crap-shoot. I even have a line in my local online ads that state:
***If we agree on a deal, do your part and honour your commitment to buy ***

These will find a good home yet :thumb:

TS
ARL67

ARL67

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
!!! SOLD !!!
Skis heading to Austin , TX ! :daffy:

Sponsor