• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

K2 Pon2oon Ski, Binding Recomendation?

Slaverson

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
So I recently purchased a pair of K2 pon2oon skis for a great deal. I know they are an old pair of skis and there are better options but iv'e wanted to get my hands on a pair of these for a long time. But now that i have them, i'm unsure what kind of bindings I should get for them. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am doing a decent amount of hiking in the back-country but also want something that I can use for any powder day at my local resort.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Do you want a binding with a hike capability? If so, do you have a boot with tech fittings? If not, are you thinking possibly a frame binding like a Duke or Guardian?

TS
Slaverson

Slaverson

Skier
@Philpug I do not have bindings with tech fittings so I am thinking about more of a frame binding. I am trying to get somthing with brakes big enough to fit the pon2oon without having to buy new brakes. So 132mm waist.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Philpug I do not have bindings with tech fittings so I am thinking about more of a frame binding.
On a ski as wide as the Pontoon, the Guardian or Duke (Baron if you are sub 200lb) would be the call. These are pretty beefy bindings that will hold up to mixed condtions and jarring on a wide ski like the Pontoon. You tour with this set up and you will surely be earning your turns.

TS
Slaverson

Slaverson

Skier
@Philpug Have you ever skied a pair of skis as big as the pon2oons? If you have do you have any tips for wider skis?

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid