K2 Pon2oon Ski, Binding Recomendation?

Discussion in 'Hardgoods: Skis, Bindings, Poles, and More' started by Slaverson, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Slaverson

Slaverson At the base lodge Skier

So I recently purchased a pair of K2 pon2oon skis for a great deal. I know they are an old pair of skis and there are better options but iv'e wanted to get my hands on a pair of these for a long time. But now that i have them, i'm unsure what kind of bindings I should get for them. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am doing a decent amount of hiking in the back-country but also want something that I can use for any powder day at my local resort.

2. Philpug

Philpug Enjoying being back on two skis. Admin Pugski Ski Tester

Do you want a binding with a hike capability? If so, do you have a boot with tech fittings? If not, are you thinking possibly a frame binding like a Duke or Guardian?

3. Thread Starter
    TS
    Slaverson

@Philpug I do not have bindings with tech fittings so I am thinking about more of a frame binding. I am trying to get somthing with brakes big enough to fit the pon2oon without having to buy new brakes. So 132mm waist.

4. Philpug

On a ski as wide as the Pontoon, the Guardian or Duke (Baron if you are sub 200lb) would be the call. These are pretty beefy bindings that will hold up to mixed condtions and jarring on a wide ski like the Pontoon. You tour with this set up and you will surely be earning your turns.

5. Thread Starter
    TS
    Slaverson

@Philpug Thanks man this really saved me a lot of time.

6. Thread Starter
    TS
    Slaverson

@Philpug Have you ever skied a pair of skis as big as the pon2oons? If you have do you have any tips for wider skis?

7. Philpug

Gravity is your friend. ;)

Slim likes this.