• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

K2 Contest Photos -Vote Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
  • Pictures should be taken during July 4th celebrations. They can be serious, they can be fun, they can be #seriousfun.
  • We know that not everyone can actually be on snow, so just make sure there is something skiing-related in the photograph (ideally, something K2-related).
  • One entry per person, please.
  • Pictures may be submitted until July 10 at 6 pm (Pacific). Forum members will vote by "liking" the post with the submission. (The "like" button is in the lower right corner of the post.)
  • The voting will be closed at the end of July, and winners will be counted then. In case of a tie between two posts, the earlier post will be ranked higher.
  • The top four vote-getters will win a pair of K2 Red, White, and Blue Experimental Pinnacle 88 skis, either 177 or 184.
  • The honorable mentions will win K2's 50 Years of Serious Fun, a 200-page coffee table book. Chosen at random by our crack(ed) staff with input and influence from the community, these will be the entries that stand out for being fun, creative, eclectic, and otherwise deserving of recognition.

Sample:

sample contest photo.jpg
Courtesy: @Dave Petersen

Some K2 stoke from @Bill Talbot
K2 tip.jpg
k2_model.jpg

Last edited:

RickyG

Faction Fan
Contributor
K2 4th Contest 6 001 (2).jpg

I have spent a lot of my ski career on K2 skis, so out of the "way-back" machine comes 1973 (all the way down to the safety straps). If you'd like more of the K2 Glesner gallery I can get you that, but my wife Betsy and I have had a lot of red/white/blue K2 as you can see. I've held on to the Speed Gear jackets even. Hope you enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:

skibum4ever

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
What image most says "4th of July" celebration? Fireworks, of course. This evening, Mammoth kicked off the 4th of July weekend with a fireworks display. They shot off the fireworks from the top of the mountain, and we cheered from the bottom.

Note how the fireworks light up the chairlift and the top of Mammoth. Even better, we'll be skiing those slopes tomorrow, and for the next month.

SAM_3022_1498979127284.jpg

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Driving up as far as you can on Peak 9 through to Peak 10 on the county road is a Summit County tradition that has been going on for decades. I have often gone up to celebrate the 4th by camping at the highest point you can drive to the night of the third for an early start on the 4th. You'll see hundreds of people over the course of the day.

This photo is from the summit of Peak 10 on one of those Fourth of Julys. Fourth of July Bowl is the prominent bowl that begins at the peak.

20150704_101451.jpg

These K2s are the Jerry Garcia edition of the Big Kahuna.

Stev

Orange Mocha Frappuccino
Skier
On Friday after hearing that Forestdale Road was partially/halfway open, I decided to take Makisha and Penny with me on a recon mission. This would also provide a good start to the long Independence Day weekend. To get in the spirit I wore red gloves and a red long-sleeve t-shirt with a red, white, and blue Hawaiian shirt.

Makisha, Penny, and Stev on the Luniz Patch (self-timer photo)
fp800IMG5427crfp.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online