• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

PSA K2 244 Mogul skis

jack97

Out on the slopes
Skier
Great deal on 2020 K2 244 Mogul skis. Never skied them but from second hand sources, they are soft and skis very close to a Twister. IMO, it great for newbies who want to learn to ski a direct line in the bumps. The narrow shape forces you to learn how to use the front of the ski, to bite the snow which starts the turn. The softest makes it forgiving when you get in the backseat while a stiffer ski will make you jet out and lose control. Although I prefer a stiffer skis, I will still use a softer ski (Twister) in packed powder conditions, it feels to me that I can grab the snow at various region of the upcoming bump.

Link to the deal is below.

ttps://www.ebay.com/itm/2020-K2-244-Skis-153-163-173-S170307501/193044926117?hash=item2cf25fcea5:m:mYD9_rS9wPEW8o_LB3Yoa2Q

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Meh, they only have up to 173 cm, and that's going to ski shorter. My 179 Cabrawlers have the same running length as my 170 cm iSuperShape WCs.

Great deal for ladies and groms though..

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
IIRC, the 173 is the longest they came in.

TS
jack97

jack97

Out on the slopes
Skier
Both sites have free shipping. They are the ones who have the Elan bloodline as well, again free shipping.

SkiEssentials

Slashing Turns and Prices
SkiTalk Sponsor
Both sites have free shipping. They are the ones who have the Elan bloodline as well, again free shipping.

We actually run that ebay account too. Pinnacle Ski and Sports is our brick and mortar shop here in Stowe and the ebay account has always been under that name.

If you're interested in a pair send me a DM!

TS
jack97

jack97

Out on the slopes
Skier
The k2 244 is an old design. Back when competitors we're skiing them short for the air points. Modern mogul skis vendors have made them longer because the course has changed and judging is weighted for speed advantage. That said, the 244 is a great entry ski for moguls. I doubt newbies are going to top speed in a direct line. Their focus should be on technique not speed.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The k2 244 is an old design. Back when competitors we're skiing them short for the air points. Modern mogul skis vendors have made them longer because the course has changed and judging is weighted for speed advantage. That said, the 244 is a great entry ski for moguls. I doubt newbies are going to top speed in a direct line. Their focus should be on technique not speed.
Other than the Shaman, pretty much all of the moguls skis are old desings. When we were at the Freestyle WC in Deer Valley, I am not sure if we saw more than 2 pairs of 244's with the competitors. I would say 95% were IDone, and the rest were Rossignol, Hart and IDone. I think Volkl has even given up the discipline.

TS
jack97

jack97

Out on the slopes
Skier
Other than the Shaman, pretty much all of the moguls skis are old desings. When we were at the Freestyle WC in Deer Valley, I am not sure if we saw more than 2 pairs of 244's with the competitors. I would say 95% were IDone, and the rest were Rossignol, Hart and IDone. I think Volkl has even given up the discipline.

When I mean design, it also take into account the length and flex pattern. IDOne has a broader range of ski lengths and stiffness. lahtela won his wc and Olympic gold with air and speed points. It's no coincidence that he influenced the IDOne design to meet these requirements. In addition, rossignol's older mogul ski was a gs ski with the internal metal taken out. Their current mogul ski has a stiffer flex and a narrow dimension, more toward the IDOne dimension.

Lastly, travis cabal influenced the k2 design and he was known for his air, the number of tricks he can do after he popped the kicker. K2 has done very little in changing that ski when they transition from the cabrawler to the 244. Imo with the way the sport is going, the 244 will be used for developmental competitors but in order to compete at the highest level, a stiffer ski is needed to get the speed points.

TS
jack97

jack97

Out on the slopes
Skier
I should also correct myself that rossignol recently introduced two mogul skis, the HERO & HERO ATHLETE. I can only find one size for the former at 158 cm (94/63/86) while the latter has 166 and 177 cm (92/63/81). Again, dimension wise it s different than the older mogul skis where the top sheet had the bond girl silhouette.

Sponsor

Staff online