• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

PSA K2 244 Mogul skis

Idahosnow

Putting on skis
Skier
Great deal on 2020 K2 244 Mogul skis. Never skied them but from second hand sources, they are soft and skis very close to a Twister. IMO, it great for newbies who want to learn to ski a direct line in the bumps. The narrow shape forces you to learn how to use the front of the ski, to bite the snow which starts the turn. The softest makes it forgiving when you get in the backseat while a stiffer ski will make you jet out and lose control. Although I prefer a stiffer skis, I will still use a softer ski (Twister) in packed powder conditions, it feels to me that I can grab the snow at various region of the upcoming bump.

Link to the deal is below.

ttps://www.ebay.com/itm/2020-K2-244-Skis-153-163-173-S170307501/193044926117?hash=item2cf25fcea5:m:mYD9_rS9wPEW8o_LB3Yoa2Q
I know this is an old thread, but does anyone know how the 244 compares to Faction's recent mogul ski? My 100# daughter is on a mogul team. Most competitors have ID one, and some have the 244. Can't afford ID One which basically leaves a choice between the 244 and Faction. Saw the faction at a great price in a 155. I have heard they are pretty stiff (probably good for hard moguls) but I noticed they also added some rocker which seems odd for a mogul ski. Does anyone have any thoughts on these?

Wade

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I know this is an old thread, but does anyone know how the 244 compares to Faction's recent mogul ski? My 100# daughter is on a mogul team. Most competitors have ID one, and some have the 244. Can't afford ID One which basically leaves a choice between the 244 and Faction. Saw the faction at a great price in a 155. I have heard they are pretty stiff (probably good for hard moguls) but I noticed they also added some rocker which seems odd for a mogul ski. Does anyone have any thoughts on these?

i was facing the same choice for my son who is about the same size as your daughter. It was his first year in mogul competition and while I was pretty sure he was going to like it, didn’t want to spring for IDOnes and then find out it wasn’t his thing.

I went back and forth on the Factions and K2s. I wound up buying the K2s mostly because I couldn’t really find much info on the Factions and the K2s were more of a known commodity.

I wound up paying about $275 shipped for the K2s from snowinn. My son has done pretty well on them and they don’t seem like they’ve held him back relative to a lot of his team mates who are on the IDOnes. He will have out grown them by next season so I’ll be looking again in the summer when I have a better idea of his 23/24 season height and weight.

Last edited:

Idahosnow

Putting on skis
Skier
i was facing the same choice for my son who is about the same size as your daughter. It was his first year in mogul competition and while I was pretty sure he was going to like it, didn’t want to spring for IDOnes and then find out it wasn’t his thing.

I went back and forth on the Factions and K2s. I wound up buying the K2s mostly because I couldn’t really find much info on the Factions and the K2s were more of a known commodity.

I wound up paying about $275 shipped for the K2s from snowinn. My son has done pretty well on them and they don’t seem like they’ve held him back relative to a lot of his team mates who are on the IDOnes. He will have out grown them by next season so I’ll be looking again in the summer when I have a better idea of his 23/24 season height and weight.
Thanks for the information. I'm looking for next season as well. She is currently on a Rossignol multievent with no binding plate. They have been fine but after 2 years, I think she is ready for a dedicated mogul ski. I will likely go with the 244 but I saw the Faction for $199 which is very tempting even if it becomes a backup ski.

TS
jack97

jack97

Out on the slopes
Skier
From what I have gather, the IDOnes for children are soft. IMO, its more important to learn WC freestyle techniques where the focused is on using the front part of the ski. Back in the day, K2 244 was used by women in the WC tours.

Max Air

You never get hurt in the air!
Skier
Hum, I have most all the skis mentioned. What has not been said.... is that the World Cup Skis are not always the same as the retail skis, which is so weird being such a limited market. For example, about 12 years ago the Rossi mogul ski, with the Scratch (Woman silhouette) graphics, had a wood core for the W-C skiers and foam for retail. I broke both pair in a few days. I also broke the newer K2 244 ski on my first run. Whereas the twisters have been solid. The Hart was a quality ski but the W-C skied very different from the Classic (to me). But, you need to know that Hart licensed their name in Asia, so most the Hart's you see in Comp's are not from Hart USA, they are more like the ID One. Though most skis, until about 10 years ago, were copyig the Hart F-17 design (that's my understanding). The Elan Bloodline looks like a Cross Country ski (skinny!). But buddy really likes his and his back up is the ID One. But I'm out-dated on the newest stuff, just saying the big boys may have different skis and the newer skis ski very different than a few years back IMO. Candide also has a mogul ski (in was a mogul champion in France), but I've never tried them. Personally enjoying my Stockli ARs in the bumps and still tryinng to master my vintage skis for zipper lines.