Kästle Announces Largest Model Line Increase Since 2007

Discussion in 'Hardgoods: Skis, Bindings, Poles, and More' started by Philpug, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Philpug

Philpug Enjoying being back on two skis. Admin Pugski Ski Tester

Kästle Announces Largest Model Line Increase Since 2007

Powered by new technology, storied Austrian manufacturer to introduce 15 new models for 2019-20

January 29, 2019 (Vail, Colo.) – Kästle will introduce 15 new skis for winter 2019-20 featuring all- new TRI TECH and HOLLOWTECH 3.0 Technology. A completely redesigned FX line, in addition to the all-new Women’s VOGUE line, highlights one of the most exciting product introductions for the legendary Austrian manufacturer in recent memory. Additionally, Kästle will also introduce new piste models, kids and junior skis, rounding out its existing MX and TX lines and creating a line-up that has something for the entire family.

“These new technologies reflect our tradition of innovation, product development and commitment to manufacturing high quality skis,” said Kästle USA CEO Jesse Pomerantz. “The new VOGUE and FX lines mark a new chapter in our company’s history and make us serious contenders in markets that we haven’t always been present in.”

TRI-TECH construction combines three innovative technologies to reduce weight while maximizing stability, power transmission and float. A 3D shape is created by using varying thicknesses of wood cores, creating contours along the length of the ski that substantially increase torsional rigidity and stability without requiring more materials. Higher density woods are used for the core, with lighter woods at the sides. Combined with our other technologies, this saves up to 500g per pair of skis. The middle of the three wood cores is wrapped in a fiberglass sleeve, and for HP models in a carbon- fiberglass sleeve. This sleeve also binds the center wood core to the lightweight exterior cores, creating a supremely damp, yet responsive, ski.

Featured on the FX and PX lines, HOLLOWTECH 3.0 is the evolution of Kästle’s patented weight reduction technology in the tip of every ski. A new outer ring around the tip of the ski removes even more materials, creating an even damper yet responsive ski with an unparalleled swing weight.

Next year will see the return of the legendary 1980s VOGUE line with three new models (DX73W, DX85W, FX96W). A former cult classic, the new VOGUE line pays homage to its predecessor’s legacy of maximum performance that’s precisely geared toward women. The flex of the skis and the binding mount points have been adapted for women and the construction is lighter—yet confident— with designs made by women, for women.

Designed with Kästle athletes Chris Davenport, Lorraine Huber and Griffin Post and building on the momentum of the last several season, the FX line incorporates both TRI TECH and HOLLOWTECH 3.0 (FX86, FX96 HP, FX106 HP and FX116). Completely redesigned with wider widths and updated rocker and camber profiles, the new FX line marks a continuation of Kästle’s excellence in all- mountain and freeride terrain.

For the World Champion of tomorrow, Kästle’s KX66, JX67 and JX68 cater to young skiers and provide a foundation built on Austrian quality and craftsmanship. From first turns on the KX66 to cruising on the JX67 to the race-inspired feel of the JX68, the kids and junior line provides something for every age and ability.

Not to be ignored, Kästle’s piste segment also continues to evolve with the introduction of the DX73, DX85, and PX71 in addition to the updated look of the RX12SL and RX12GS. From the casual skier to the hard-charging racer, these all new models cater to the needs of any skier on the mountains. These skis join Kästle’s existing piste and all-mountains skis: the MX67, MX74, MX84, MX89 and MX99, in addition to the touring line consisting of the TX65 HP, TX82, TX90 and TX98.

About KÄSTLE: KÄSTLE is a specialized ski manufacturer from Austria founded in 1924. KÄSTLE has driven the evolution of ski production decade after decade by manufacturing and design innovations, offering products defined by high quality and performance. Patented Hollowtech and timeless, clean graphics distinguish KÄSTLE skis. Each ski has the latest in wood core, sandwich construction and Hollowtech technology. KÄSTLE offers a full selection of dedicated freeride, all- mountain and touring skis. KÄSTLE skis are available at specialty North American and European retailers.

Tricia, ChrisJ, SkiNurse and 3 others like this.
  2. ARL67

ARL67 Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life Skier

^^^ just when I was firmly aboard the Stockli bandwagon, Kastle floods the market with new models & tech :thumb:

LabMan, Scrundy and neonorchid like this.
  3. Dakine

Dakine Out on the slopes Skier

The announcement is a bit vague about where these skis will be made....

LindseyB and Wasatchman like this.
  4. graham418

graham418 Out on the slopes Skier

5. TheArchitect

TheArchitect Working on my technique all the time Skier

Sooo looking forward to seeing the new FX96 HP. :popcorn:

Bigwaves and Scotty I. like this.

6. Thread Starter
    TS
    Philpug

Kastle is one of our first appointments tomorrow. When we do our Facebook Live segment, these will surely be part of the feature. Make sure you tune in.

LabMan, Unpiste, Ken_R and 3 others like this.
  7. TheArchitect

I'm going to be in a meeting when you stream. Will it be recorded and available to watch later?

8. Thread Starter
    TS
    Philpug

It is a wonderful time we live in.

Scotty I. likes this.
  9. Thread Starter
    TS
    Philpug

Can you not rescedule? Where are you priorities? Yes it will. ;)

LabMan likes this.
  10. cantunamunch

cantunamunch Meh Skier

any Nordic?

Didn't Atomic use 'Tri-Tech' for their Beta and Race boots back in the '00s?

11. givethepigeye

givethepigeye Really, just Rob will do Skier

Interested in the sizing on the FX line (116) for reasons.

12. James

James Skiing the powder Instructor

What's the DX piste ski line?

How many models can a shop carry? Not that many.

13. TheArchitect

Don't tempt me...

I follow Davenport on Instagram and just checked some of his photos. Looky what I found

[​IMG]NewKastle by The-Architect, on Flickr

ski otter 2 and Ken_R like this.
  14. James

James Skiing the powder Instructor

Nice. Looks pretty cool! Bigger toilet bowl.

TheArchitect likes this.
  15. MattD

MattD aka Hobbes429 Skier

There's a flip-side to all the excitement around so many new models and construction changes.

Do I hear a big crashing sound?? That might be the sound of the dropping resale values for those owning skis from the current Kastle lines!!:doh:

Big J likes this.
  16. Thread Starter
    TS
    Philpug

I just talked to one of the reps over breakfast. The line is expanding downward, Kastle is looking to be a full line brand (boot at some point?) there will be some package skis in the sub $800 market (with bindings) along with the womens and kids line. I wil have more in a few hours.

Big J and TheArchitect like this.
  17. ARL67

ARL67 Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life Skier

Look at how deep companies like DPS & even Black Crows have expanded their product line over the last 5 years. 5 years ago no one heard of Black Crows unless you happen to be on a euro ski trip - they only made Freeride type of skis back then. Even Liberty took the plunge with more of a front-side offering and have received raves on their V series.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
    LabMan, Philpug and Wasatchman like this.
  18. Dakine

Dakine Out on the slopes Skier

If it doesn't say "Made in Austria" it isn't really a Kastle.
    Looks to me like the new owners of Kastle are trying to take another venerable brand to the bank through cheap manufacture and mass distribution.
    Say it ain't so, Phil...?
    I mean, who could imagine a Ducati or Ferrari that doesn't say "Made in Italy."

19. TheArchitect

Yeah. That's the wildcard, isn't it? I'm willing to pay the money for Kastle because I know I'm actually getting a high-end ski and they perform for me. If they aren't made in Austria anymore then I'll either buy a couple of pairs of past models and keep them in reserve or start looking at Stockli and Renoun. Based on the forum feedback I've been tempted by the Z90 as it is.

20. Scotty I.

Scotty I. Getting on the lift Skier

15 new models?!? That's at least a year's worth of Pugski discussion fodder!

Ron and Philpug like this.