• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Just wondering if anyone has the Scoop on the 2019 Nordica Enforcer 104

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
@GregK , step away from the keyboard and get out on those skis. Am looking forward to a first hand test review.

Lol!!! Not constantly looking at them, flexing them and stuff and could quit anytime if I wanted.....haha

Don’t ski weekends usually but will be out again Monday-Wednesday and we are supposed to get about 4” overnight on Tuesday which will quickly turn to crud so it will be perfect testing for them. Going to bring out the “masters of charging crud” my Moment Bibby’s to compare on that day.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
What's your thought on it now?
I've been on the Santa Ana 88 a few times and I feel like its stiff enough but still, its playful.

Well I couldnt wait. I sold my old 180cm Brahmas and bought some new 180cm Brahmas, I will eventually own some 88s, but I am holding off right now.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Looking forward to gettin on these at Mammoth..along with a few of the other low 100-somethings.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Looking forward to gettin on these at Mammoth..along with a few of the other low 100-somethings.
Please report on the length, i.e., if they ski short or true to size etc.
I did a demo day with the E100 169cm and 177cm, the latter 177cm was correct for me @ ~140lbs 5'6.5".
I am curious if E104 in 172cm would be appropriate, and also if the scaling on the 172cm is whacked like it was with the 169cm E100. Thx.

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Please report on the length, i.e., if they ski short or true to size etc.
I did a demo day with the E100 169cm and 177cm, the latter 177cm was correct for me @ ~140lbs 5'6.5".
I am curious if E104 in 172cm would be appropriate, and also if the scaling on the 172cm is whacked like it was with the 169cm E100. Thx.

More tip and especially tail splay in the Enforcer 104 or E110 and a touch more forgiving flex. So if 177cm was a better fit in the E100, 179cm would be the better size in the twin tip Enforcer Free models.

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Well, I had my pair of 186cm Enforcer Free 104 out today for the first time. Love them! I’m 6’2”/175 and mounted +2cm or a more playful feel. I’m sure everyone mounting other Enforcers models on the line or behind would feel comfortable on the same spots on the 104 Free. Many freestyle/free riders will be moving the mounts on the Free series a touch forward if they spend lots of time in the air.

Put a 1/3 tune sharp tip/tail, no detune and they were great. Did notice there were a few areas that were a touch base high when tuning them and wasn’t sure if it would be noticeable but as soon as I clicked into them they felt more surfy than they should.
So with the mixed conditions of hard packed, dust on crust and a few inches of fresh scattered on the hill, they did very well but can tell they will feel more stable after a light base grind. Next week when I’m near my trusted shop, they will get done.

They feel very similar to a narrow Enforcer 110 or wider 100 with the a little more playful side. Flex seems similar to the 110 which is SLIGHTLY firmer tip/tail than the 100 but not quite as stiff as the 100 underfoot and in front/behind the binding area. Similar, but maybe more uniform tip to tail in the Free models.
Think because of the increased tail rocker, it seemed easier to pivot and skid the rear of the 104 compared to the 100. Mine were very easy to whip around in the moguls and were very forgiving. Pleasant surprise how fun they were in bumps.

You could feel the weight of the ski when you first click in but don’t feel heavy, just solid and damp when going through crud etc. The swing weight is lower than most skis their weight(2260 grams), so they aren’t tough to whip around in air or pivot in tight spots.

Even though a much narrower ski would have been the choice in today’s conditions, I wanted to see their versatility and like the other Enforcers they did very well. Think anyone who likes their other models will probably like this one. A “less serious” E100 with a bit more float I think. Find it bridges the gap between all mountain twins that are fun till the afternoon crud comes out and heavy chargers that are only fun at high speed and are demanding to ski all day. Perfect weight and perfect flex.

It’s supposed to snow 25-35cm(10”-14”) tomorrow afternoon and overnight and I’ll see what they are like with a bit of snow.

Sponsor