• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Just wondering if anyone has the Scoop on the 2019 Nordica Enforcer 104

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Think about this from a retailers POV. You have X amount of dollars to spend along with Y amount of slots on the wall to fill and you have Z amount of brands to buy from. Most buyers will allocate M slots for each brand. The Enforcer 93 and 100 have been the reference skis for the segment for the past 4-5 year. The Navigator 85 and 90 never took off (which is a shame, they are great skis) and chances are the shop only stocked one of them anyway. So, say you have three-four spots from Nordica earmarked, the Enf 93 and 100 are proven winners. You need a 110, so that stays. The Navigator is gaining some momentum but still has to be "sold", no one is coming asking "Do you have the new Navigator??" So, do you replace the proven 93 with the 88? What will the customer want there and what will he buy right then and there with verses saying "Let me research both of these on Pugski.com, the most awsome ski web site out there" . The same goes with the 104? Replace the 100 on the wall, the proven one, or even the 110? Having Enforcers 88, 93,100,104,110, Pro will not only confuse the customer to the point they are too paralyzed to make a decision but also puts the retailer in the middle and an awkward position of never being right.

My guess is that these skis will not create a significant enough "conquest sales" but will end up canabalizing their own sales. Shops have limited resources, these sales will come at the cost of other Nordica products. I was talking to one shop owner yesterday about this...he said Nordica is going after Blizzard and the Brahma. Well that doesn't make any sence ether...Blizzard and Nordica are sister companies..I understand sibling rivalies but does it really matter to the Tecnica group if the money goes on the right pocket verses the left on?

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
While I understand this is a headache for retailers, and potentially confusing for customers -- I'm glad to see Nordica working on new shapes and designs rather than just resting on the success of the Enforcer 100 and 93.

I understand the fear they will ruin great skis by over-tweaking them. But we'd never have the Enforcer of today without having the previous Enforcer tweaked into the El Capo, tweaked into the modern design.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
While I understand this is a headache for retailers, and potentially confusing for customers...
Then are these an answer to a question that wasn't asked? ;)

I'm glad to see Nordica working on new shapes and designs rather than just resting on the success of the Enforcer 100 and 93.
These aren't new shapes and designs..they are extensions of current ones. ;)

Please don't think that I think these will be bad skis, I am betting that they will be very good ones...I am questioning the message and how they will fit into the scheme of their line.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Agree the market for the Enforcer 88 will be larger market especially those who think skis like the Brahma aren’t forgiving enough.

As some who use to love the Brahma and still thinks it’s pretty good ski. I am hoping the e88 is at least as stiff as the e93 because a 185 enforcer has more running length on snow than a 180 Brahma and is just easier to handle in eastern Woods compared to the 187 Brahma. Ie the size break is weird for me and the scope of want a Brahma for. I have been preferring my e93 lately because it feel better on trail even if it’s slightly slower edge to edge off trail. On the 88 in a 185 mounted a little back I’ll have the best of everything. I for one like how nordica made the 93 stiffer, and hope that trend continues on the 88.

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
As some who use to love the Brahma and still thinks it’s pretty good ski. I am hoping the e88 is at least as stiff as the e93 because a 185 enforcer has more running length on snow than a 180 Brahma and is just easier to handle in eastern Woods compared to the 187 Brahma. Ie the size break is weird for me and the scope of want a Brahma for. I have been preferring my e93 lately because it feel better on trail even if it’s slightly slower edge to edge off trail. On the 88 in a 185 mounted a little back I’ll have the best of everything. I for one like how nordica made the 93 stiffer, and hope that trend continues on the 88.

I’m sure the Enforcer 88 will follow the lead of others like Blizzard in the Rustlers and Nordica themselves in making the skinnier skis a touch stiffer and maybe a little less rocker too.

Agree on the sizing as I don’t like skis over 186cm in tight spaces or moguls. Wish Blizzard has mid 180cm sizing options on their skis too.
I see the Enforcer 104 is in 186cm not the usual 185cm so it will be WAY more float in powder compared to the 100 with the extra length. Lol

Funny how insane it looks when you see all the widths they will now have of the Enforcer but it’s easy to see a skier and use for each. Will be lots of people expanding their existing quiver of Enforcer skis they already love as well as being able to sell someone a versatile one ski/2 ski quiver depending on their area. They kinda sell themselves at this point. Sometimes at the expense of their own sister companies as Phil mentioned.

Going to need more room at the Technica factory soon for all these new Enforcer skis. Noticed the Rustlers are being assembled outside of their joint Austrian factory and have seen people complaining online about them “outsourcing” them to UA and Bulgarian factories.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
must see

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
88, 93, 100, 104, 110 and 115?!

That's too darn many Enforcers, but I "get" that Nordica wants to capitalize on the astounding success and name recognition of the E100.

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
5D2A1DEB-405A-48C8-A8AC-9D4F205C9413.jpeg

5 months after asking about them, they are in my quiver! Hear it will be worth the wait and excited to try them out soon.

Mike Rogers

Out on the slopes
Skier
I was hoping to try these out at a demo day this weekend....but it's super cold out there, and the demo guys aren't coming out to Castle.

...at least the slopes will be empty!

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
I was hoping to try these out at a demo day this weekend....but it's super cold out there, and the demo guys aren't coming out to Castle.

...at least the slopes will be empty!

Booo! Just got back from Lake Louise and Sunshine and just caught the beginning of the cold spell there my last day there on Sunday. Was insane cold and dead that day after the crazy crowds of the powder Saturday.

Going try mine out early next week but I’m liking the flex, weight and feel of them. Should be perfect in a bit of snow and afternoon crud.

Rostapher

All Praise Ullr
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
View attachment 65109
5 months after asking about them, they are in my quiver! Hear it will be worth the wait and excited to try them out soon.
I don’t know how they ski, but whoever designed that blue fade to gray motif is after my own heart! Gorgeous! :drool::drool::D

Let us know what you think of the 104 vs. the 100.:popcorn:I really liked the 100 when I demoed them last year. Thinking about a compliment to my e93, now that I’m finding out that Mammoth usually measures snowfall in FEET.:roflmao:

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Very good video review and write-up of the Enforcer 104 Free by SkiEssentials here. They compare it to the E100 and E110.

http://www.skiessentials.com/Chairlift-Chat/2020-Nordica-Enforcer-104-Free-Ski-Review

Similar flex to the E100 and E110 but the rocker profile more similar to the E110. Give up a little on piste precision of the E100 and gain a little fun off piste. Lighter on its feet and easier to ski than the E110. The 104 Free is actually a bit heavier than either yet skis lighter due to the reduction in swing weight with the new tip construction.

If priority is on piste performance, the E100 is still where you want to be but if you have a more playful skiing style like myself, the E104 is supposed to split the difference between the E100 and E110 and it sounds like it does. Know for sure Monday!

Find they look better in person than it did in online pictures.

DB Cooper

Putting on skis
Skier
I LOVE my 93s. Daily driver for my home resorts, deer valley where I work and canyons where I play. I use my 93s in pretty much everything up to 10”. I feel they punch above their weight in deeper snow. I am salivating over the chance to get the 104. My powder ski is a backland 109 but even when I’m on that, I think about my 93s, especially after a few runs and the powder starts to get tracked out. I think the 104 will hit the sweet spot for me. On the PC side of the cottonwoods we get good snow but not the snow you get in BCC and LCC. Our bigger dumps are more moderate and for skiing the resort I think something that feels and skis like my 93 with a 104 waist will suit me better than the 109.

I’m also curious to try out the Fischer 102, sick day 104, and a soul 7. During storms (and when stash hunting after storms) I ski lots of trees. Neither canyons nor deer valley has huge open bowls, and the bowls we do have (empire, Jupiter, 9990) get tracked out pretty fast, so I value maneuverability and how a ski handles chop, more than float so a ski in the 102-106 range seems more appropriate for those conditions as the wider end of a quiver.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
What's your thought on it now?
I've been on the Santa Ana 88 a few times and I feel like its stiff enough but still, its playful.

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
I LOVE my 93s. Daily driver for my home resorts, deer valley where I work and canyons where I play. I use my 93s in pretty much everything up to 10”. I feel they punch above their weight in deeper snow. I am salivating over the chance to get the 104. My powder ski is a backland 109 but even when I’m on that, I think about my 93s, especially after a few runs and the powder starts to get tracked out. I think the 104 will hit the sweet spot for me. On the PC side of the cottonwoods we get good snow but not the snow you get in BCC and LCC. Our bigger dumps are more moderate and for skiing the resort I think something that feels and skis like my 93 with a 104 waist will suit me better than the 109.

I’m also curious to try out the Fischer 102, sick day 104, and a soul 7. During storms (and when stash hunting after storms) I ski lots of trees. Neither canyons nor deer valley has huge open bowls, and the bowls we do have (empire, Jupiter, 9990) get tracked out pretty fast, so I value maneuverability and how a ski handles chop, more than float so a ski in the 102-106 range seems more appropriate for those conditions as the wider end of a quiver.

Actually lol’d at how you’re having the affair on your E93 with the Backland 109 when you ski it but “you still think about” which makes it okay? Haha

Just goes to show how versatile the Enforcers are and you answered your own question discribing what you want in a ski. As you say, things get tracked out quickly and then skis good at crud busting are favored which is not a strong point of the lighter Backland skis. The Soul 7HD and Sick Day 104 are fun, playful skis but again, not the greatest in crud busting or on harder snow for that matter.

The Fisher 102FR is the closest in weight and actually a stiffer ski than the Enforcer 104 Free. Fisher may get the nod if you’re more into higher speed groomer ripping and want a wider ski that’s still very precise with a playful tail.

The heavier and slightly softer flexing Enforcer 104 will be more forgiving than the 102FR and I’m thinking it will be the best Enforcer out there through crud. Has the new carbon tech core and it’s lighter tip technology combined with the fact it’s the heaviest Enforcer at it’s length makes for a playful ski that doesn’t ski as heavy as it is.

I bought it for “a bit of snow, trees and afternoon chop” and that’s where it excels according to early reviews. I’ll find out Monday!

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
What's your thought on it now?
I've been on the Santa Ana 88 a few times and I feel like its stiff enough but still, its playful.

Haven’t skied it but was able to check out the Enforcer 88 in person and a hand flex it definitely felt noticeably stiffer than the Enforcer 93 etc.
Still wasn’t race ski stiff but solid with some give. I thought in my mind “I bet this ski rips!”

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
After reading the Blister review (comments) I'm getting the 115-s. If it skis deep stuff like a wider 100 I'd like it in my quiver.

Tytlynz64

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@GregK , step away from the keyboard and get out on those skis. Am looking forward to a first hand test review.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid