• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Just wondering if anyone has the Scoop on the 2019 Nordica Enforcer 104

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Saw a post on Tenton Gravity(2018/19 Gear) on the new Nordica Enforcer 104 that’s going to be coming out and wondering if anyone else has seen or possibly skied it. Sounded like a scaled down 110(more tail rocker/partial twin/free ride style ski) more than a wider 100. Might be a good quiver addition I’m thinking.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I recall hearing something about this. The Enforcer's have been out for about four years now so a change is due.

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Thinking it might be a late release this season then. Figuring it would be an addition to the line, not a replacement for the 100 as the Tenton poster was describing like a partial twin tip like the 110. He flexed it and held it in his hands so shouldn’t be far off.

More of a free ride/freestyle ski like the Enforcer 110 with better carving capabilities or what I’m hoping, a Rustler 10 type ski with better crud/high speed performance or performance similar to my Head Collective 105 in a slightly lighter package.

I emailed Nordica for more details and haven’t heard back yet.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Thinking it might be a late release this season then. Figuring it would be an addition to the line, not a replacement for the 100 as the Tenton poster was describing like a partial twin tip like the 110. He flexed it and held it in his hands so shouldn’t be far off.

More of a free ride/freestyle ski like the Enforcer 110 with better carving capabilities or what I’m hoping, a Rustler 10 type ski with better crud/high speed performance or performance similar to my Head Collective 105 in a slightly lighter package.

I emailed Nordica for more details and haven’t heard back yet.
Nordica is not going to confirm nor deny such a ski exists especially when many shops haven't even had their 2019 skis shipped yet. There are always rumors and skis in the pipeline. Would I be surprised to see a black Protoproject version after the first of the year? Not at all.

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Guess there are already Enforcer 104 skis being tried Down Under on the other side of the world. Since this ski is an addition to the line, not replacing a model, I'm betting more press releases late Fall like the Head Kore 99 and Blizzard Rustler 9 were last year. Spring season releases like those models last Feb/March I hope.:crossfingers:

Will be watching Instagram to see them in action by factory riders but those that have already seen and skied them, it is a scaled down Enforcer 110 with similar flex and rocker profile like I was hoping for. :daffy:

stowe

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
I saw these on Friday at Stowe - Nordica reps were skiing them but wouldn't let anyone test them. They are blue. Same rocker profile as the 110 and Pro, just with a smaller waist. Addition to the line, not replacing anything. They are also adding an Enforcer 88 with a straight tail similar to the 93 and 100. Ski construction is not changing. The new 104's are going to be the most versatile ski in the lineup in my opinion.

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Nice to get an update that they were the same design/profile as ones seen earlier. Thinking these or a Moment Wildcat 108 non touring if they make it for my in between ski from the Rustler 9 and Moment Bibby’s. My Line Sir Francis Bacon (104mm) lasted 3 runs before I sold it too a friend as it doesn’t like speed as much as I do. Lol

Agree it will be a fantastic addition to the line catching both traditional skiers and more free ride type skiers like myself.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Saw some in person.

IMG_2255[1].JPG
IMG_2256[1].JPG
IMG_2253[1].JPG

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Thanks for the pics!!! Like the look of those and thank you for taking a pic of dimensions. Perfect length, side cut and rocker profile. Love!!

Tytlynz64

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
By just looking at the top sheet, that looks like a production run sample. Maybe they come to shops early in the new year. Also, any chance these land on a tariff list? My local bike shop got word that some models were on the list and the tariff makes them un profitable in a small batch inventory.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
By just looking at the top sheet, that looks like a production run sample. Maybe they come to shops early in the new year. Also, any chance these land on a tariff list? My local bike shop got word that some models were on the list and the tariff makes them un profitable in a small batch inventory.
I would be surprised if there is an early release of these. There are a lot of 100's and 110's sitting on dealers walls right now and an early release of these could canabalize sales. It is tough for brands to keep things under wrap in todays environment if cell phone cameras and uploads to sites like Pugski. The sad thing is, the Enforcer 104 will be old news when we see prototypes of the Enforcer 106 running around on February ;).

firebanex

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Almost makes me wish I had held off on replacing my Enforcer 100's with Fischer Ranger 102FR.. precisely because I wanted a bit more playful Enforcer with a bit more of a twintip. And now Nordica goes and makes the ski I wanted. Next year I guess.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Straight from the Nordica guys, The only difference between the 104 and 100 are dimension and rocker profile, construction stays the same.

IMO the best thing about the 104 coming out is cheap used 100s are going to be everywhere as people will need the "new" ski. . @firebanex honestly your ranger 102 are a great ski, and give Fischer credit to beating Nordica to the punch.

104 will not have an early release for the reasons phil stated, 88 may have an early release though.....

I do like the the option we are getting. While alot of people are salivating over the 104, I honestly think that vast majority of people would have more use for the 88s, including myself. The 100 are already a damned near perfect ski for me. I am for sure adding a 88 to my quiver ASAP, the 104 Ill try but I have no intentions of buying some new, ill wait for someone to fire sale a pair here.

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
104 will not have an early release for the reasons phil stated, 88 may have an early release though.....

I wouldn’t think the 88 would have an early release for the same reason but the effect would be on the 93 sales.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I just had the opportunity to demo the Enforcer 110, 100 and 93 in different lengths in a multitude of conditions from untracked light and moderate densities, to various forms of crud and young bumps to soft and firm groomers, over the course of two days. So the range of conditions for which I'd use the Enforcer line. I was able to switch skis from run to run, back and forth.

I own the 100 in 185 and after the demo bought the 93 in 185. The 100 and 93 are different skis, each well worth owning individually or together given criteria like mine. If they were the same except just different widths from the 100-s I wouldn't have seen the point of having both. The 100-s are turny and nimble, the 93-s charge, both with really nice tip dynamics in almost everything.

I was considering the Kastle FX 95 and SR 88 but they both got knocked off the perch by the 93-s. The 110 didn't seem to give me much that the 100 and my Moment Wildcats didn't already provide, whereas I felt like I had to have the 93-s.

It will be interesting to see what the characteristics of the new ones will be like. Changes to rocker profile in concert with width can create very different skis, judging by the three they're already selling here. I was biased against the 93-s before the demo and biased towards the SR 88-s.

Nordica's branding/product approach is interesting/curious. If it were me I'd give all my kids different names and celebrate each of them unless they were the same kid and these aren't. Then again we're already talking about the new ones and they're barely more than vapor here in the Northern Hemisphere.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
yeah the 100s seem to have alot softer tail that despite listing the same radius as the 93, produces a shorter turn general. on really soft groomers I actually like the 100 better because it can basically SL turn.

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Agree the market for the Enforcer 88 will be larger market especially those who think skis like the Brahma aren’t forgiving enough.

The Enforcer 104 is kind of a different market compared to the Enforcer 100 as it’s more appealing to free ride/free style skiers like myself that want a playful charger they can even take into the park when mounted a touch forward. Even have FREE written on the ski so Nordica knows what’s up. Lol
Skis like the Moment PB&J aren’t as wide and short turning and the Rustler 10 is too light and doesn’t love speed so the 104 will be a welcome ski into a lot of west coast quivers I’m sure.
Non freestyle geared skiers will be better off with the 100 and it’s reduced rocker.

I’m sure the 88 and 104 will both sell well in their markets.

Sponsor

Staff online