• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Just In!!! Masters Nationals at Mammoth- yea IKONPASS

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Do you have a press release or link to the news?

That's cool. Maybe we'll get more involved with Masters at Mt Rose next year. Its something we keep talking about.

Last edited:

Snowfan

aka Eric Nelson
Skier
Maybe we'll get more involved with Masters at Mt Rose next year. Its something we keep talking about.

IMO if one is advanced/expert or level 6+, there is no better way to improve your skiing skills---in all snow and weather conditions. I don't mean one has to be a great skier to race Masters, they don't.

Immeasurable fun and good times with like-minded folks is also part of the deal.

Nothing to be afraid of. One can go as fast or slow as they wish. :golfclap:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
IMO if one is advanced/expert or level 6+, there is no better way to improve your skiing skills---in all snow and weather conditions.

Immeasurable fun and good times with like-minded folks is also part of the deal.
I absolutely have faith in everything you're saying here. This is why I'd love to do it, but timing is an issue with all the travel we do related to the site. Still, we NEED to make time for this.

Snowfan

aka Eric Nelson
Skier
I absolutely have faith in everything you're saying here. This is why I'd love to do it, but timing is an issue with all the travel we do related to the site. Still, we NEED to make time for this.

Yes, of course. Hopefully you and Phil will find/make the time to sample one race. You may even be able to spend a portion of a day training...that would be a nice start. Not much involved with that. A legal helmet is about all you will need.

https://usskiandsnowboard.org/other/masters
http://ussamasters.org/
http://farwestmasters.org/

Did I mention it's REAL FUN?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I am sure @ScotsSkier is stoked, Mammoth is almost his home mountain.

Unless there is a scheduling conflict, we will be there.

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Yes, have been aware of this for a few weeks ( I am on the masters national committee). There will also be a DH . It was originally going to be at sun valley but they couldn't make the dates work. Also the masters FIS races/ western regionals + DHs will be in aspen early February. So perfect reason to buy the Ikon pass!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Yes, have been aware of this for a few weeks ( I am on the masters national committee). There will also be a DH . It was originally going to be at sun valley but they couldn't make the dates work. Also the masters FIS races/ western regionals + DHs will be in aspen early February. So perfect reason to buy the Ikon pass!
But, can you fix my skiing between now and then?
:huh::D:huh:

Sponsor