• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado Just Got Home From 6 Days in Vail and Is It Skiing Well

snokat

Powder Pig
Skier
I was suppose to spend two days in Snowbird and four in Vail, but I quickly turned it into ALL VAIL !!!

Got into Vail last Tuesday (12/8) night and got supplies and checked in. I had mid-40s temps and a clear ski for first turns of my season.

The snow was softing, so I had 20k vertical by mid-day and headed back to Lionshead for a lunchbreak, a footbreak as I was breaking in new 120XTs and a new edge at Performance Sports.

Skied easy the rest of the afternoon as some new friends asked me to guide on Thursday as they were coming over from Breckenridge after being there for several days.

I told them that Blue Sky was opening that day and don't be late. They were blown away by how much of Vail was open compared to Breck. I told them about Breck's secret of no upper mountain skiing early in the season, and that this is pretty normal for here.

We skied all day back there as Greg from NC, and Clement from France were up for skiing and not picture taking, plus it was trying to snow all day.

My bud shows up Thursday night and we hit it hard for four more days, as we ski the same Heads.

Vail is going great guns with excellent conditions, and we even missed the cold days we usually get.

EpicMix claims I did 138+k vertical, my altimeter, which I trust, says 160+.

I did have problems leaving the following. Tuesday 900x900px-LL-0aedb1f2_VailEaglesNestArea.jpg EpicMixPhoto128647675.jpg img_1835.jpg

Last edited:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Colorado has been getting some amazing snow, eh?
Thanks for sharing.

Sponsor