• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Just a quick intro...

motogreg

A liftie once told me I was an okay skier....
Skier
Like the title says.....Hi all, this is only the second internet forum I have joined! Lucky you! I used to be a pretty ok skier, learned how as a teenager at Shawnee Mtn. in PA, then lived as a youngster for a year in Colorado and for 5 or so in Salt Lake City; I got in about 30 days a season there. Moved back to the Midwest (Michigan) about.....sheesh, 20 years ago now and took a hiatus from skiing. The last few years I have been rekindling my excitement for things; I have 3 kids ages 11, 9, and 6, and introducing them to skiing has brought back my love of the sport. While the Michigan hills were not worth my time after spending time in the Wasatch, having the kids has refocused my energies....and honestly the dunes around here are perfect for the youngsters. For christmas, I had the family chip in for a pair of Mantras, my first new skis in 20 years.......

This forum seems a bit more...sober and mature than some of the other ski sites I've browsed, which suits me well. Anyway, nice to be here, I'll be seeing you around!

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Welcome, you fit the description of a lot of folks around here. Lots of Michiganders, not me but lots. Hope your kids are loving it as much as you are.

Winks

AKA "Gary".
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Like the title says.....Hi all, this is only the second internet forum I have joined! Lucky you! I used to be a pretty ok skier, learned how as a teenager at Shawnee Mtn. in PA, then lived as a youngster for a year in Colorado and for 5 or so in Salt Lake City; I got in about 30 days a season there. Moved back to the Midwest (Michigan) about.....sheesh, 20 years ago now and took a hiatus from skiing. The last few years I have been rekindling my excitement for things; I have 3 kids ages 11, 9, and 6, and introducing them to skiing has brought back my love of the sport. While the Michigan hills were not worth my time after spending time in the Wasatch, having the kids has refocused my energies....and honestly the dunes around here are perfect for the youngsters. For christmas, I had the family chip in for a pair of Mantras, my first new skis in 20 years.......

This forum seems a bit more...sober and mature than some of the other ski sites I've browsed, which suits me well. Anyway, nice to be here, I'll be seeing you around!

Quite a few Greg's here as well, Welcome!

TS
M

motogreg

Skier
well, sober as in not as much "brah we tucked off inta da trees an hit da bowl fore takin sum sick drops brah" kinda sober. I'm 47 years old, and working on my cranky old man status.....

TS
M

motogreg

Skier
One thing that astonishes me after being out of things for a while are the prices. I feel lucky (in a way) to live in Michigan.....we got weekend passes to our local hill (caberfae) for the princely sum of $350. For the whole family of 5. We pad the season with deal days at other areas, 5 for $50 here, 4 for 1 there.... I'm pricing out a trip to Utah in February, day passes are.....exorbitant. And Utah is on the "reasonable" side. Why, back in my day, a day pass to Alta was 34 bucks.....

How can any but the super-rich afford to ski out west? Certainly not affordable for an average family. I mean skiing has always been elitist buuuuut....

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
One thing that astonishes me after being out of things for a while are the prices. I feel lucky (in a way) to live in Michigan.....we got weekend passes to our local hill (caberfae) for the princely sum of $350. For the whole family of 5. We pad the season with deal days at other areas, 5 for $50 here, 4 for 1 there.... I'm pricing out a trip to Utah in February, day passes are.....exorbitant. And Utah is on the "reasonable" side. Why, back in my day, a day pass to Alta was 34 bucks.....

How can any but the super-rich afford to ski out west? Certainly not affordable for an average family. I mean skiing has always been elitist buuuuut....
Ikon, Epic, Mountain Collective, Etc. passes make skiing much more affordable but you have to commit far in advance for the best pricing. Very few here buy full price day tickets if they can possibly avoid it.

Sponsor

Staff online