• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Junior Can Balance!!!

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
So I got my kid a balance bike 2 years ago..ok, maybe I'm a little over optimistic..he didn't cotton on to it very well. So spring has sprung and they're doing construction in the neighbourhood. Every day he wants to go out and check on their progress and examine the diggers. Yesterday, he wants to go out and wants to take his bike. I kinda groan and think, I guess I'll be pushing and holding him up as we go... So I drop the bike down, put on his helmet and he climbs on. I pull up my drawers and he rides down the driveway into the street, feet up. And I'm like...WTF??????? So I ask him "When did you learn how to balance?!?!" and he says "Today..I'm 4 now daddy...of course I can ride a bike..." Well aren't I proud and buying him a new pedal bike tomorrow. :) Then he says "Can I ride in the dirt?!?" Mountain biker to boot... :D

upload_2019-4-26_20-22-1.png

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Nice! Do you have a pump track (aka bike park) you can take him to? The little mini tracks are a blast and great for their skills. We kept using the balance bikes at the pump track even after they learned to ride a pedal bike.

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
Proud Papa. After toodling around on a balance bike for a couple of years, we gave our son his first pedal bike (about 4 and a half). I told him to just ride it down the (very gentle) slope in our back yard like a balance bike and see if he could put his feet up on the pedals. I just wanted him to ride it down the hill with his feet ON the pedals a few times to get the feel for it. He rolled down, put his feet up, pedaled all the way around a big circle in our back yard, rolled up in front of me and stopped. Looked up at me and said, "like that?" Yeah kid, like that :).

When its time, its time.

Sponsor