• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Does anyone know what a doctor’s reccomendation would be for a racer who just found out that she’s pregnant? Stop imediately or is it ”safe” the first months from a clinical perspective? Not at all in relation to JM, just curious (for another reason) and thought there’s some tiny connection here ogsmile

hmmmm... the recent retirement of a Swedish WC athlete?

So who is JM married/attached/otherwise biologically entwined with? I have no idea. No big deal at all. Just curious.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
hmmmm... the recent retirement of a Swedish WC athlete?

So who is JM married/attached/otherwise biologically entwined with? I have no idea. No big deal at all. Just curious.
In the instagram image. Dylandafish

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Ulrike Meier won the 1989 WC downhill gold medal three months pregnant. Doubtful her doctor recommended her racing!
Passed away in 1994.

That was very, very sad. Her 4 yr old daughter at the time now has her own child.
So sad :( it gives me shudders to this day. I was watching the race on TV when Ulrike Maier had her fatal, split second crash.
Ulrike MAIER.jpg

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Dylan is her husband. Met on Maui years ago. Think they married about 3 years ago? He's a surfer, and watersports guy. I think they spend half the year in Fiji? Sounds like fun.
Like I said, if the boy gets even some of his parents genes, he will be great athlete.
She's widely viewed as the best pure athlete among any women to ski on the USST. By a wide margin.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
So sad :( it gives me shudders to this day. I was watching the race on TV when Ulrike Maier had her fatal, split second crash.
View attachment 69134
The video is on youtube with some restrictions.
I'm pretty sure I wouldn't post it just out of respect for the family.