• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

doc

Out on the slopes
Skier
"OU"? How did that happen? I work in Denver and am surrounded by OU alums in my office, none of whom are hindered by the least scintilla of shame in displaying their Oklahoma memorabilia.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
"OU"? How did that happen? I work in Denver and am surrounded by OU alums in my office, none of whom are hindered by the least scintilla of shame in displaying their Oklahoma memorabilia.

Graduated in 86 right after they won the natty with Boz and Casillas and Keith Jackson. Pretty cool winning the natty my senior year. Gets even more complicated.. Did my graduate work in the U Texas system..:duck:

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Lol I’d rather have a well performing 4 door or 5 door or hatchback over a slow 2 door anytime.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
On a similar subject to the S6 and RS6, a few years ago I helped a friend locate and buy a low-mileage BMW 535 wagon. No stick, but still, after driving it, I realized that I should have helped MYSELF buy it, rather than him!

But hell, he built me a nice house on time and on budget, so I figured I owed him a favor.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Lol I’d rather have a well performing 4 door or 5 door or hatchback over a slow 2 door anytime.

That's because you aren't concerned with looks or cool factor.. But, allow me to elaborate some on the above. I don't consider a "slow" car cool either. But, I'll take a slowER cool looking car over a ridiculously fast family 4 door. Give me the bone stock brand new Vette over some 4 door a kid got from their mom or grandma and added a nitro cell and ground effects to any day

Last edited:

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
That RS is sick, heck they all are, and the top grocery getter IMHO.
The closest I’m getting to the RS6 is just back from a day on the slopes, don’t think the stormrider 184s would fit in the hell cat ?

View attachment 40232

I'm all in with this description. Let's be honest and keep it defined as what it is and what it is not. What it is, is one BAD ASS family and friends transport vehicle that will blow away 99% of the other vehicles you encounter in a week of normal driving. What it is not, is a cool looking sports car the general population will oooh and aaah a as you drive by. It's kind of like those $5,000 designer baby strollers. It's high on practicality but does the same job any other wagon does but can tear up a skid plate and a quarter mile as well or better than most cool looking cars do. If I had to only have ONE car and could choose that I'd definitely take it. If I have the option of two but within a 100K budget I'm spending 20K on the AWD wagon and 80K on the summer cruiser sports car instead of the other way around.

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
EXACT opposite feeling in our house. Huge fans of sportswagons and "avants." I'm dying to import the right Audi RS2. Best car I've every had was a build up 1995.5 C4S6 avant. Never should have let it go. Breathtaking performance with a bunch of room has always worked for us. Going back many, many years. Of course we've had plenty of two door, rag tops with some "spice" under the hood as well!

I think you just might change your tune if you got behind the wheel of one of his RS6's. But, the US market thinks just like you do. That's why the RS6 Avant was never brought here, nor the RS4 Avant. Nor even a A6 3.0T Avant with a six-speed. Not enough buyers to justify it. Go to Europe and if you're a wagon fan, you drool.

Sort of like the P-15! Hope they all return. P-15 has a better chance!

A buddy of mine has something similar to your S6 Avant. I don;t know the exact year, but I do know it's a V8 and stick, lowered with upgraded just about everything

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
A buddy of mine has something similar to your S6 Avant. I don;t know the exact year, but I do know it's a V8 and stick, lowered with upgraded just about everything

A buddy of mine from high school just traded his Challenger for a brand new R3. He put about $5-6K in additional mods to it and takes it out on the lake for ice racing with his new "Audi Bastard" club friends. His money, and it's definitely a great winter family car, super safe. But, he LEASED IT so he's going to have to remove all the mods at the end of the lease$$$$$$$.

Lebowski

Putting on skis
Skier
RS6 continues to be my dream car - heck i'll take Jon Olsson's life in general ;)

I gotta give honourable mention though to Mercedes who, for what must be the weakest business case imaginable, continue to import the mighty E63 4matic wagon here. I've occasionally seen the odd one barrelling up to Whistler on the Sea-to-Sky Hwy, ski box attached, and they look so boss. You can tell me there's something cooler than hearing apocalyptic turbo-V8 sounds coming from a family wagon, but I'd have to see it to believe it :P

Meanwhile my own ride has been a 2006 legacy GT 5-speed wagon, bought used in '09, and I love the thing, but it's getting long in the tooth and I'm itching for a worthy upgrade - I'm just not *quite* at the E63 snack bracket!

Last edited: