• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
At the end of the season I realized that my daily drivers were getting long in the tooth-edge. They've been a great skis, but maybe it's time to retire them to rock skis. These were the 2014-2015 Rossi Hero ST Carbons. Great east coast ski and I love to death. Like almost 200 days of lovin. But....

So what next? Yes I will demo, once the season opens. There are free demo days at Tremblant but only the manufacturers that sell in the on site stores. Rossi, Salomon, Atomic, Dynastar I think.

So what am I looking for.....a tuned down race ski that will hold the ice. That's what this Rossi was.

Help me make a list!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
At the end of the season I realized that my daily drivers were getting long in the tooth-edge. They've been a great skis, but maybe it's time to retire them to rock skis. These were the 2014-2015 Rossi Hero ST Carbons. Great east coast ski and I love to death. Like almost 200 days of lovin. But....

So what next? Yes I will demo, once the season opens. There are free demo days at Tremblant but only the manufacturers that sell in the on site stores. Rossi, Salomon, Atomic, Dynastar I think.

So what am I looking for.....a tuned down race ski that will hold the ice. That's what this Rossi was.

Help me make a list!
All those brands offers some great options, most all are carryovers with NGT except the all new Salomon S/Max Blast W which @Tricia was on and really liked. Most of the "W" versions in this range are the same as the unisex version but with different graphic.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor

Help me make a list!

Demo away, but why not just get a fresh pair of what you love. I can't recall that they've changed other than NGT. Race'y skis are like that. Don't like the graphic? That's what Dynastar's for. ogsmile

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I really found that there are nuance difference in this class of skis. You will find a bigger difference in the tune than you will from the graphics that are on the top. Honestly, there is not a bad choice in the lot of them.

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I know several ladies that are skiing some Dynastars. Intense 12's and SpeedZones . They love them. Another lady is skiing the same ski I use , Volkl Racetiger SC.
Something for you to demo

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I demoed some Dynastar Speed Zone 10 skis that were pretty fun when we were at Orford last January. I've a down payment on and will pick up in September a pair of 2016 Dynastar Omeglass Speed ti. skis. I think Dynastar makes one heck of a ice ski.

Last edited:

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
I really found that there are nuance difference in this class of skis. You will find a bigger difference in the tune than you will from the graphics that are on the top. Honestly, there is not a bad choice in the lot of them.

^^^^ this ^^^^

TS
Jilly

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
So, it's raining and I'm perusing the net to make a list. It's September 2nd and some don't have their new sites up yet....Hey Salomon and Rossi!!

So far on the list:
Dynastar - Speed Elite and Intense 12 (think I've tried the intense, but might have been a 10)
Nordica - Sentra 7 (sounds like my old Z5's)
Blizzard - SRC's (I was recommend these a few years ago.)
Atomic - Cloud 11 or 12, Redster X7 and X9
Salomon - X/Max Blast
Rossi - ??

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
A friend of mine was looking at and almost bought the Rossi Famous 10. She ended up getting the Volkl Flair SC UVO

TS
Jilly

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
I'm going to have to grab the Rossi and Salomon catalogs from the shop. Neither site is up to date yet.

I think the Famous 10 is very similar to the Attraxion line. Which was similar to the Zeniths. Can you tell I'm a Rossi girl??

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
So far on the list:
Dynastar - Speed Elite and Intense 12 (think I've tried the intense, but might have been a 10)
Nordica - Sentra 7 (sounds like my old Z5's)
Blizzard - SRC's (I was recommend these a few years ago.)
Atomic - Cloud 11 or 12, Redster X7 and X9
Salomon - X/Max Blast
Rossi - ??

Rossignol.

TS
Jilly

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier

cork.jpg