• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

JIgarex Jig

SlideWright

aka Alpinord
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Supporter
I found the Jigarex useful for several mounts. The ability to add binding specific jig plates over time and as the need arises, is nice and not too expensive after the initial up front cost. Like anything, don't assume it's perfect and always double check layout before drilling. You can mark your skis with a grease pencil through the bushings and layout bindings to assure fit. I added the SlideWright Centering Ruler sticker to each end of the Jigarex to help along with a ski center line to make sure there was no lateral slop when securing the jig to the skis.

****Always test mount on old skis or wood scrapes before drilling your skis*******

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
I have done maybe a dozen mounts with mine...

works great IMO easy to set up

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
It's ok, depending on what bindings you are mounting. A couple of drawbacks I Have found using it on race skis. With Fischer/head/ tyrolias race plates, the jig just does not fit on the ski. Also, unlike binding specific jigs there are no BSL markings. This is ok if you have the boot or it is a non-connected binding. However if you are trying to mount to a bsl without the boot, doesn't work. If you are trying to mount a tyrolia/head/fischer RD or new freeflex bindings, the jig should be at the 10 increment (I.e. 290, 300, 310 etc) increment to line up NOT at the bsl from the boot. And most of the jigs available are for allmountain oriented bindings rather than for race bindings. E.g. There is not one available for marker comp pattern. But for most users these won't be issues. Mine however has not seen much use ...

smoothrides

Delivering Speed
Skier
Industry Insider
Nice to have for obscure jigs that you may rarely need. In my experience the marks tend to be off center by 1-4 mm depending on the plate. I almost always have to recenter the holes before drilling when I use the Jigarex, but it does work if you're patient and willing to adjust.

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
I have one id be willing to sell - message me if you are interested - just sitting in the garage

James

Out There
Instructor
Used it once for Look pivots. Seen it used more. Very easy to get it misaligned depending on the skis and camber. Check and recheck it. It can seem setup ok but is not. Make sure. Not the most solid feeling of locking. I'd rate it as fairly flimsy. Dedicated jig is likely much more solid.
Depends on what your looking for.

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
Used it once for Look pivots. Seen it used more. Very easy to get it misaligned depending on the skis and camber. Check and recheck it. It can seem setup ok but is not. Make sure. Not the most solid feeling of locking. I'd rate it as fairly flimsy. Dedicated jig is likely much more solid.
Depends on what your looking for.

If it's that finicky, why not just use paper template?

James

Out There
Instructor
If it's that finicky, why not just use paper template?
Yes indeed. Or have a shop do it. Each binding plate is about $35. Plus the jig. Buy the used one ^^.
But it does center the bit with a bushing.

But I get it. Access to shops, doing it yourself and not dealing with a shop that can screw it up anyway.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Mine seem right on the center everytime I use it... I have done at least 10+ mounts with mine.

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks for all the info. I'll see if the shop owner wants to purchase the used one. It's a resale shop that does have quite a few templates. Just looking for some more.

Magwai

Novice skier, expert faller!!!
Skier
Bump! Anyone have a Tyrolia Head plate they want to sell?