• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Dryheat

Getting on the lift
Skier
Jet Blue after losing their fight to get a customs facility is refocusing on leisure. Net net, frequencies are going down 12 flights per day but they are also adding some flights

2x weekly LGB to Hayden (Steamboat)
2x weekly LGB to Bozeman (Big Sky)
An extra daily LGB to Boston (More like feeding the hub, but perhaps there's someone crazy enough to fly from the west to the ice coast to ski)

FLL and BOS will also get Hayden Flights
http://otp.investis.com/clients/us/jetblue_airways/usn/usnews-story.aspx?cid=981&newsid=53541

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Where is lgb?

New2

Out on the slopes
Skier
I think it's a smart move for JetBlue to announce these flights early. My guess is the LA basin represents the biggest concentration of Ikon Pass holders. There are a good number of flights to Mammoth, Denver, Salt Lake, and Sacramento... but Hayden/Steamboat, Bozeman/Big Sky, Jackson, Aspen, and maybe even Calgary should see significantly increased demand from LA next winter.

An extra daily LGB to Boston (More like feeding the hub, but perhaps there's someone crazy enough to fly from the west to the ice coast to ski)

Maybe it's for the Boston Ikon customers who really want to experience sitting on the 91 while they try to get to Big Bear, :ogcool:
Same announcement, though, included a new red-eye from JFK to Ontario. If you're an Ikon holder in New York, it might be somewhat tempting... a lot depends on weather, but Big Bear can certainly be nicer than anywhere in the east if you hit it right, and it's a cheap fare to a decent jumping-off point for an Ikon road trip.

Pumba

Out on the slopes
Skier
I mostly fly jet blue when going back to CA.

I’d really like to see the JFK-Reno deals come back. While I did get a good fare recently (276 rt), it seems like the prices for NY to Reno have gone up in general. I think it was last season or the one before when There were awesome deals - JFK to Reno was 90.00 each way at times!! And it’s a direct flight!

RJS

Out on the slopes
Skier
JetBlue is also adding a flight from Boston to Steamboat/Hayden: http://www.wcvb.com/article/jetblue...m-boston-to-two-western-destinations/20065592.

The inaugural flight will take off Saturday, Dec. 15 with the westbound flight leaving Boston at 9:14 a.m. and the return flight leaving Steamboat Springs at 1:11 p.m.

The airline plans to have one flight a day on Saturdays and Wednesdays.

JetBlue will be the only airline to offer nonstop flights between Boston and the historic Colorado resort town.

Great news for Boston-based Ikon pass holders. I went to Steamboat from Boston this season, butflew to Denver and drove to Steamboat. The drive is beautiful and not bad, so if money was an issue I would still fly to Denver, but if I am optimizing for time getting to fly right to Steamboat would be great.

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I feel like a target customer for this announcement-- as I was just looking into what flights would cost from socal to Bozeman and Steamboat. The Ikon pass has stirred some wanderlust.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I suppose in a way, Alaska Airlines has been targeting MCP and Ikon pass holders all along, with direct flights to Hayden/Steamboat, Hailey/Sun Valley, Bozeman, Calgary, Reno and SLC.

Talisman

Out on the slopes
Skier
I am curious about Jet Blue's pricing for LGB to BZN direct flights and if other airlines will drop prices to compete. There are times when BZN to LAX pricing is almost as expensive as a BZN to LHR flight.

PSA for all the Southern Californians that think 45*F is "cold", MT gets winter weather so pack an extra layer or two.

Sponsor

Staff online