• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Jeff Leger biffs in S&S Couloir - Go FundMe link

SpikeDog

You want Big Air, kid?
Skier
I haven't seen any other threads on this, so here goes. Jeff Leger was attempting to be the first skier into S&S Couloir this season at Jackson Hole. S&S is the couloir next to Corbet's, and is way nastier. He broke his pelvis, femur, some vertebrae, and several ribs after miscalculating the landing on Jan 18th. There is some discussion on Facebook about Jeff's technique on big jumps of landing on his back, but that's another subject. He was airlifted to Salt Lake, and is being put back together.

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'll probably get skewered, but I feel little reason to contribute to a guy who intentionally puts himself into this situation.
I feel really bad for his wife and family (they are the true victims here) ...but this appears to be an egregious example of poor decision making.
I am generally a generous guy, but I tend to reserve that generosity for those who have gotten innocently screwed by circumstance.

TS
SpikeDog

SpikeDog

You want Big Air, kid?
Skier
Which is the gist of what's going down on the comments I've seen in Facebook. No mention of any health insurance either.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Yeesh..this is going to go sideways quick.. IBTL.. But yeah..doesn't hurt to ask I suppose.. School of Hard Knocks.. Other parents may feel differently, but once I had kids, things changed man.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
It's fair to let people who know him or have been inspired by him so they can chip in. If it were someone I knew I'd probably be compelled to make a donation. Some random person chasing the dream I gave up so this didn't happen to me? Ya, bummer but that's the life and risk he accepted without asking me. Would have probably been hard for him to get decent insurance for average rates based on his occupation too..

Spooky

Getting off the lift
Skier
I'll probably get skewered, but I feel little reason to contribute to a guy who intentionally puts himself into this situation.
I feel really bad for his wife and family (they are the true victims here) ...but this appears to be an egregious example of poor decision making.
I am generally a generous guy, but I tend to reserve that generosity for those who have gotten innocently screwed by circumstance.

Hmm. A skewering would be uncalled for....but why even respond? Don't donate.

HardDaysNight

Making fresh tracks
Skier
It was started by Christian Leger, who I assume is a relative, on behalf of Seana Leger, the injured party’s wife.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I didn't see this on FB. I probably don't need to.
He has a rough road ahead for sure. I meet High Fives Athletes who are in situations like this quite frequently. Maybe he's a candidate for a High Fives Grant.

Edit: Looks like the GoFundMe is doing well, surpassed the original goal of 25,000.00

Sponsor